File Field plugin breaks under certain languages

13 years 10 months ago #133862 by ericv
Hi there. I'm not sure this is the right place for this, but since it's specific to certain languages, I figured it would help.

You can find my system info below, but the story is that I have a site with multiple languages.
English, Español, Deutsch, Français, Português Russian, Ukrainian, Japanese, and Arabic
I also have a lot of custom fields to gather information. One of the fields is the custom file upload field. (CB FIle Field plugin 1.0 RC)

I love the file field plugin, it works great, but it seems to break the profile page in certain languages.
It works in English, Español, Deutsch, Russian, Ukrainian, Japanese, but when I switch to Français, Português or Arabic the profile page just gives a blank page. If I unpublish the File Field plugin all profile pages load fine in all of the languages.

Any ideas?

-Exact PHP version - 5.2.11
-Exact CB version. - 1.2.2
-Exact Joomla version. - 1.5.15
-Detailed description of problem. - See Above
-Any error messages reported with Joomla debug mode on and error reporting set to maximum? - Blank page with no source. Don't have access to server logs
-Any error messages reported with your hosts error log? - none with access, but don't have access to server
Any ACL modification components? (JACL, etc..) - No
Any SEF components? - No
Move or encrypt configuration.php? - No
Upgrade from CB version ?? or fresh install? - Upgrade from CB 1.2.1
Migrated from Joomla version ?? or fresh install? - Fresh install with Fantastico
What browser is issue present in? - All that I tested (FF3.6.3, IE 8)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #134121 by ericv
Another Note. I just updated to File Field Plugin 1.1 and I am getting the same issue.

13 years 10 months ago #134129 by nant
ericv wrote:

I love the file field plugin, it works great, but it seems to break the profile page in certain languages.
It works in English, Español, Deutsch, Russian, Ukrainian, Japanese, but when I switch to Français, Português or Arabic the profile page just gives a blank page. If I unpublish the File Field plugin all profile pages load fine in all of the languages.

Any ideas?

You need to get access to error log.

13 years 8 months ago #137605 by ericv
Nant,

I was able to get the Apache error log from the server, but there isn't any useful information in it, just an RSA warning that my server certificate CommonName does not match my server name.

Is that the file I should be looking for? Is there another one that I should tell them to get?

13 years 8 months ago #137610 by nant
ericv wrote:

Nant,

I was able to get the Apache error log from the server, but there isn't any useful information in it, just an RSA warning that my server certificate CommonName does not match my server name.

Is that the file I should be looking for? Is there another one that I should tell them to get?

Blank pages typically mean broken php and most likely means out of memory.

Upgrade to Cb 1.2.3 as it has improved php memory consumption and may help you.

turn on debug mode and see if you get more information about problem.

13 years 8 months ago #137976 by ericv
I upgraded to CB 1.2.3 on a test domain that is experiencing the same issues. This domain is a lot less customized than the other so it's a bit leaner.

I also only have a couple languages on there along with the file attach field from CB.

Both domains are running on the same server with the same server settings.

But after upgrade I am experiencing the same issue. I can view my profile without any problems as long as the file attach field plugin is off. Everything works fine.

If I enable the file attach plugin, then it works in English, but if I switch to French, I get a blank page. System debug doesn't help because it doesn't get that far.

PHP 5.2.13
memory_limit 64M
post_max_size 64M

I've also requested another Server Error log from the server admin and will update once I get it.

If you want a user/pass for the server to check out let me know, but updating to 1.2.3 did not fix it.

Post edited by: ericv, at: 2010/07/16 20:29

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.582 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn