[SOLVED] CB Profilebook wall - Rights?

13 years 7 months ago #139881 by skolinspiration
[SOLVED] CB Profilebook wall - Rights? was created by skolinspiration
Hi,

I wonder how I would do to set the rights for a user to NOT TO WRITE in others walls? So, it becomes more like the blog?

Thanks! =)

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/08/16 20:30

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #139950 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Profilebook wall - Rights?
Can't, you'd need to edit the core of the plugin which we do not support core edits. What's wrong with using the Blog tab?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #139993 by skolinspiration
Replied by skolinspiration on topic Re:CB Profilebook wall - Rights?
I really don't like you anymore. Almost every question I have you crush.. =( (I hope you don't think I'm serious with the liking part, but you know what I mean)

The thing is that I already using the blog and the guestbook btw. I need another mod thats shows itself the same way as the blog. Using CBlatest and I love it!

My users are going to write there own "articles" and then I want it to show in CB profile and I want the latest 5 to show on the start page. But if I use Joomla articles I've to publish everyone of them. And if I upgrade my users, they can edit each others articles. And thats sucks!

Do you have any good ideas how I can solve this problem?

Grateful for answers! =)

13 years 7 months ago #140014 by skolinspiration
Is there onther blog who is simular to the one in profilebook? Shows itself on startpage too?

13 years 7 months ago #140042 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Profilebook wall - Rights?

Do you have any good ideas how I can solve this problem?

Only solution is to heavily modify the plugin to change the Guestbook into another Blog. Should be relatively easy by editing the plugin and copying the Blog tabs code into the Guestbook tabs code then performing a few modifications to ensure will store to database as a guestbook entry (or it'll show in the Blog tab). I can't help you with this, sorry.

Is there onther blog who is simular to the one in profilebook? Shows itself on startpage too?

There's document subscriber incubator project CB Blog which provides a full fledged blog plugin which you could use for your blogging needs, but does not show on frontpage you'd need to make a module for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #140062 by skolinspiration
Ok, thank you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn