[SOLVED] Multiple posts in profilebook ?

13 years 4 months ago #146346 by big_rich
Hi,

How can I stop people posting and rating the same user multiple times in profilebook ? I am using the feature so that members can give a rating and leave a comment for other users (ie as it is intended). It doesn't seem to make sense to me that users can post multiple times , thus making the ratings biased and potentialy meaningless.

I have searched the forum and found this thread:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,13/id,103529/#103529

where someone is asking the oposite so I suspect that it should (or used to be) be possible to stop multiple posts. I Just can't see how !

Thankyou

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/17 21:20

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #146373 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Multiple posts in profilebook ?
ProfileBook was not designed for 1 post usage or a rating system. So it has no feature to prevent users from posting more then once. You'd need to edit the plugin to suit your needs. We do not support core edits so I can not help you with this matter, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #146465 by big_rich
Replied by big_rich on topic Re:Multiple posts in profilebook ?
Thanks for replying Kyle.

I was worried I'd overlooked something in the docs (especialy when I found a post from somebody having exactly the opposite problem !)

Curious that you say that profilebook was never intended for a rating system tho. I'd assumed that the cb rating field and stars was meant to be exactly that , a way for users to rate a profile ?

Cheers

13 years 4 months ago #146499 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Multiple posts in profilebook ?

I'd assumed that the cb rating field and stars was meant to be exactly that , a way for users to rate a profile ?

Right, but this is just an addition to the ProfileBook and not its purpose. It can be used as such I suppose, but you'd need to make core edits to limit users to 1 post.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #146542 by big_rich
Replied by big_rich on topic Re:Multiple posts in profilebook ?
OK, no worries, thanks Kyle

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn