[SOLVED] Delete users based on email address?

13 years 4 months ago #146838 by gwhitten
I'm really stumped.

There's a lot of posts about how to import users in bulk...my problem is the opposite.

I'm changing systems and have ~8,000 users to migrate. I have to delete ~2000 users (I've been given a "kill list" of email addresses).

I have the email addresses in a text file...can get it into a good CSV if necessary.

I've knocked around in phpmyAdmin and SQL enough to know this should be easy enough for someone who knows how...but I know my limitations ;)

I could even crank the whole mess out in Excel :sick: and re-import the users via Juice and that would be OK... Not sure how to write that macro.

Any ideas what I should do?

Regards, --Glenn

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/29 14:34

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #146896 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Delete users based on email address?
Deleting a user outside of CB won't properly delete the user. You'll need to delete them within CB User Management to properly execute API. Alteratively best approach is to export all users (delete them via User Management afterward), edit the CSV, re-import to ensure again API is executed. I recommend just going through User Management and filtering as much as you can so you can delete in batches; that is the safest approach.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #147093 by gwhitten
Replied by gwhitten on topic Re:Delete users based on email address?
That's a good point. Thanks for your response.

That's the angle I'm working now.

Regards, Glenn

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn