Login - Adding an extra login button.

13 years 4 months ago #147048 by sburm
So perhaps this should have gone in the newbies forum, but that was locked - so I'm trying here.

I would really like to add a button/link to the top right corner of my site. The button would say "Login" when the user is not logged in, and the action would be a link to the login page. When the user is logged in, the button would say "Logout" and the action would be to first log the user out, then re-direct them to the "you are now logged out" page, or any other page (or no redirect would even be ok"

I want to do this because I want the user to be able to log out from any page...

There is something similar in the "newbies" forum here , but not quite what I need.

Is this possible??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147056 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Login - Adding an extra login button.

I want to do this because I want the user to be able to log out from any page...

You should place the CB Login module on all pages in this case.

You can create menu links to CBs login or logout procedures by adding new Joomla menu links for CB, but they will not be dynamic except for logout link as you can make it only available to registered users. Alternatively you'll need to likely edit your template and hardcode this in.

You could also use documentation subscriber CB Content module and add the HTML for the buttons then use IF substitutions (see tutorials in signature) to determine if user is logged in or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn