[SOLVED] Making linked fields with delimiters

13 years 7 months ago #141134 by Johnnydement
[SOLVED] Making linked fields with delimiters was created by Johnnydement
I'm triing to create a "Homepage" field that links to content, so, I'm creating a text field cb_web

Then I'm creating a delimiter field with:
[code:1]<a href="[cb:userdata field=">[cb:userdata field="cb_web" /]</a>[/code:1]

Link is appearing right externaldomain.com in blue, but not the links, it's linking to [code:1]http://sitedomain.com[cb:userdata%20field=[/code:1]

I wrote http;//externaldomain.com in the cb_web field.

Also, is there a way for the delimiter field not to appear when editing? only way is to create different tabs? but I want the rest of the fields to appear normal and in same tab...

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/09/03 20:38

Your feedback on the JED helps us improve Kunena. ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #141210 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Making linked fields with delimiters
Not sure why it's format as it is, please review the following example. I recommend reviewing tutorials within my signature for further substitution usage information.

[code:1]
<a href="[cb:userdata field="cb_web" /]">[cb:userdata field="cb_web" /]</a>
[/code:1]

You could just do [cb_web] and it should already be linked for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #141214 by Johnnydement
Replied by Johnnydement on topic Re:Making linked fields with delimiters
True :P

Thanks

Also, is there a way for substution field not to appear when editing profile?

EDit: NEvermind, just noticed... just not allowing to edit the field from frontend :P

Post edited by: Johnnydement, at: 2010/09/02 22:17

13 years 7 months ago #141277 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Making linked fields with delimiters

Also, is there a way for substution field not to appear when editing profile?

CB Privacy plugin can allow you to disable edit view of fields. Can also try setting the delimiter field as read only.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #141280 by Johnnydement
Replied by Johnnydement on topic Re:Making linked fields with delimiters
Yes, I noticed (check edit ;))

Although making it read only, doesn't take it away from profile editing...

Only problem is as the delimiter field is not on profile edit, user cannot use provacy settings on it :/

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn