Connections tab layout

13 years 4 months ago #147748 by Luminous
Connections tab layout was created by Luminous
Greetings,

I'd like to share an edit I made to the connections tab layout to make the avatars look and behave similar to the twitter layout.

In addition to basic cb configurations and css edits, I also made changes to the cb.connection.php file, which I have saved separately so I can re-implement my changes for future upgrades. (Since any upgrade will overwrite the cb.connection.php file, and therefore my changes)

I've included a screencap of how the changes look on my profile page, and the altered cb.connection.php file

Since I spent many hours puzzling over the challenge of how to alter the appearance and function of connections, I though this might be helpful for others.

Enjoy :)

Ooops - the files were to big, I couldn't upload them. I will need to add links.

Post edited by: Luminous, at: 2010/12/04 02:23

Post edited by: Luminous, at: 2010/12/04 02:41

Post edited by: Luminous, at: 2010/12/04 02:43

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147766 by Richardkl
Replied by Richardkl on topic Re:Connections tab layout
Thanks for sharing,

Are you going to post the links here?

13 years 4 months ago #147814 by Luminous
Replied by Luminous on topic Re:Connections tab layout
You're welcome. I have posted a screen cap above that shows what the changes look like when implemented on the profile page.

I am attaching the php as a text file to this post. To use it, back up your original cb.connections.php file, change the name of the attached cb.connections.txt to cb.connections.php and write over the original cb.connections.php file which you can find from your joomla root directory at components/com_profiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconnections/cb.connections.php

Unfortunately, because this is a core file, it will be written over when cb is upgraded. The attached file is from cb version 1.3. I haven't tested it with other versions.

I wish it was possible to have more control over the appearance of the connections plugin without having to change the core .php file, but since it isn't, making changes to this file is how I've learned to deal with it.

Attachment cb-07f5729b6b7ef9c0449c3a3676eccde5.txt not found

Post edited by: Luminous, at: 2010/12/05 23:25
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn