Calendar to list volunteers availability

13 years 4 months ago #147756 by Birder
Hi

I am building a site for a group of response volunteers.

At the moment its all done by phone and is a nightmare with more time taken up calling than helping.

I need to get something so volunteers can login and select the times they are available. This can be 24/7 or even down to a single hour.

And something so jobs (events) can be entered

The idea is the user logs in and selects the hours he is available (on standby), this would appear on a list or calendar with all volunteers on stanby and their location.

When the control room is called the duty controller adds the jobs (events) and then assigns a job to the nearest volunteer.

When the job is assigned the controller needs to be able to see the events list to see what still to be done.

Once the event is completed the controller will close the event and this also need to be shown.

Anyone have any ideas how CB could do this?

Many thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147870 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Calendar to list volunteers availability
Seams like something more of an Event extension to handle the CB. CB has no calendar of any sorts. I recommend reviewing extensions such as jEvents and other calendar based extensions on Joomla.org extension directory.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn