(SOLVED) CB Workflows - Hide Module From Authors ?

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #154221 by big_rich
I'm using CB 1.3.1 and have just installed the workflows module.

Configured the module as "special" in Module manager

Then in the moderation tab of CB I've set Admin and super admin as moderators.

So now when authors view the frontend of the site he always sees the "no pending actions" message

I understand that this is logical since in Joomla they are "special" members but under cb they are not moderators so there is never anything pending for them. If possible I'd prefer them not to see this message.

Is there any way of hiding this message from authors but still showing it to moderators ?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #154304 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Workflows - Hide Module From Authors ?
Not without editing the module, no. Joomlas permissions are designed as such, sorry. It's probably more accomplish-able with Joomla 1.6 and its more advanced permissions system. Within the module if you choose to edit it you'd simply need to put an IF surrounding it and checking for "isModerator( USER_ID )" this function (JUST AN EXAMPLE!) would check if a user is a CB moderator or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: big_rich

13 years 1 month ago #154345 by big_rich
Replied by big_rich on topic Re: CB Workflows - Hide Module From Authors ?
Sorted!

Thanks Kyle

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn