Language plugin changes in J1.6

13 years 2 months ago #154490 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Language plugin changes in J1.6
Unfortunately there has been no one from Norway to come forward and manage the language forge and forum for your language.

If you follow the instructions I posted earlier in the wiki - you will get a CB 1.4 language plugin that will work on Joomla 1.6.0.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #154522 by Bingmannen
Replied by Bingmannen on topic Re: Language plugin changes in J1.6
I'm giving it a try, but I'm kinda confused. The english plugin is named "CB1.4_english_en-GB.zip". Inside is a folder named "english_en-GB". The files in the folder are:

"language.xml"
"language.php"
"admin_language.php"
"cbteamplugins_language.php"
"calendar-locals.js"
"index.html"

Do I keep these file names, or should I change "language" to "norwegian"?
Should I rename the folder to "norwegian_nb-NO", "norwegian" or "nb-NO"?

It seems common sense is not that common after all...

13 years 2 months ago #154525 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Language plugin changes in J1.6
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb/wiki

Nothing in the wiki tells you to change filenames.

Filenames should remain the same.

The folder name also doesn't really matter - if you want you can change it to suit you. No matter what you change it to, it will create a folder in your CB languages folder named en-GB or nb-NO in your case (takes the folder name from the xml name tag.

13 years 2 months ago #154723 by Bingmannen
Replied by Bingmannen on topic Re: Language plugin changes in J1.6

Nothing in the wiki tells you to change filenames.

Yes, I noticed that. But I was confused by this:

krileon wrote:

Or, can a person with low coding skills (like myself) make the necessary changes in the lang files to make it work on CB1.4/J1.6?

This too is possible. For example instead of "english" in folder and file names you'd use "en-GB" instead.

since the 1.3.1 plugin had the name "norwegian" in its file names.

Anyway, I'll take a new look at the language plugin tutorial (seems pretty straightforward). I've also downloaded the German language plugin (I don't understand German, but the plugin seems to be working) in order to "dissect" it and see how it's made.

But this'll have to wait, as I have another issue I need to prioritize. :blink:

It seems common sense is not that common after all...

13 years 2 months ago #154879 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Language plugin changes in J1.6
It's not the language plugin that's the issue. It's how Joomla 1.6 has removed API used to determine what language the user has selected or you've selected as the default and passing that language in a lowercase english string such as "russian". This was removed so now we must match the Joomla language to the CB language plugin based off tag such as "ru-RU". This means your CB plugin needs to be designed to use the tag "ru-RU" for example in order to translate CB to russian. Hopefully this makes sense, but can try to explain further. More or less you need to edit the plugin, it's file names and in its XML, the name "russian" to "ru-RU" for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.314 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn