[#2355] ajax email checker

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #155457 by bleroy
[#2355] ajax email checker was created by bleroy
New twist to ajax email checker error...

When I try to enter/modify a user profile in the backend, the ajax email checker (set to "Off" in configuration) shows an error and will not let me save the profile.

I understand the email checker is always "On" in the backend, and that new users can register themselves regardless. However as I cannot save a profile, neither can I change user permissions (e.g., I cannot change user from author to editor).

I'm running Joomla 1.5.22 and latest php/mysql. Thoughts? I'm trying to go live this weekend....thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #155468 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: ajax email checker
Please provide the error you're seeing. Please also test with Joomla global configuration debug mode and maximum error reporting set. Please also monitor your browser error console for any fatal JS errors. Please also check that $live_site within configuration.php is '' (blank).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #155489 by bleroy
Replied by bleroy on topic Re: ajax email checker
Thanks Krileon.....hope this answers your reply!

1. The error on the CB user manager was "Ajax Reply Error"

2. configuration.php settings
var $error_reporting = '-1'
var $live_site = ''

3. No fatal JS errors in browser error console

4. Debug information
[MOD EDIT]: Removed, query information at bottom of page not necessary.

13 years 1 month ago #155493 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: ajax email checker

1. The error on the CB user manager was "Ajax Reply Error"

This means jQuery Validator failed. Please provide backend login credentials so can take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #155505 by bleroy
Alrighty...

REMOVED PUBLIC POSTING OF BACKEND CREDENTIALS

Thanks!

13 years 1 month ago #155530 by bleroy
Thanks Much!!

Was this something I overlooked in the configuration? Or was it somewhere else....

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn