-Registered
--Buying Groups
---Group 1
---Group 2
---Group 3
--Suppliers
---Company 1
---Company 2

I have a user assigned to the usergroup "Group 2". I then created a list in CB, which contains users from usergroup "Group 2", and I assigned access to that list to usergroup "Group 2".

However, when logging in as the user and attempting to view the list, I get the message that I am not authorized to view the list. This happens even if I am logged in as a Super User.

I am assuming I missed a step somewhere, or am just confused.

Thanks!
Rick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157945 by rstoffiere
Replied by rstoffiere on topic Re: List access limited to usergroup not working
If I change the access level to the list to "Registered", it works, of course.

13 years 1 month ago #157971 by krileon
Was able to confirm your issue, there's an issue with the ACL checking where Joomla 1.5 admin groups are hardcoded (the group ids for admin in j1.5 is different then j1.6). Have made a bug ticket to further address the issue.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2436

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157973 by rstoffiere
But why then would a user actually assigned to the group not be able to access the list? Or is this one in the same?

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157979 by krileon
This is because the top most GID isn't being returned by our ACL API. I've fixed this with patch attached to the ticket, but have not fixed admins not having access, which is due to parent_gids API not functioning right on J1.6. There's really no way to get a reliable list of parent and child group IDs for J1.6 as the lft and rgt usage in their usergroup table is very inconsistent.

Please keep in mind J1.6 implementation is very immature, we've implemented complete support for core ACL and not entirely custom groups. This is because how CB has been designed for years does not fit what J1.6 is designed for. With CB 2.0 we'll be better supporting J1.6 and custom ACL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157989 by rstoffiere
I really appreciate the answer, and I will wait patiently!!

Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn