[SOLVED] CB 1.4 Registration/warning msg always in english

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #166331 by linpi
I have a site in 3 languages (de/fr/en). On the registration form, when a field is missing, the warning message comes always in english (eg: This field is required.) even if other languages has been chosen.

I use Joomla! 1.5.23 & CB 1.4. I have this issue after upgrading locally for 1.3.1 to 1.4.
I reinstalled the latest languages german & french plugins, but it still doesn't work.

I controlled in plugin/language/de-de/ the file cbteamplugins_language.php
the section "// CB 1.4 Validations:" is translated but it doesn't seen to take this file.
I tried with another Joomla test web site and it doesn't work as well...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #166373 by krileon
The language switch within Joomla does not take place until the user has registered and selected their language. It will also assume the default language of the website it self. What is the default language of your site? Is it displaying in the default language? Please navigate to CB configuration then on the Integration tab enable debugging of language strings to see what language plugin is loading and what strings are not successfully translating.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #166454 by linpi
the default language of the site is german. The registration form comes actually in the desired languages (german or french). The web site is more than 1 year old, and worked fine until CB 1.3.1.
I saw that the languages plugins have changed quite a bit with CB 1.4 (new directory de-de or fr-fr, file language.php instead of german.php/french.php + file cbteamplugins_language.php etc).
The files language.php still work fine.

I switched the debugging mode in CB as you told me. Basically it shows me that the warning messages are not translated. The picture bellow is without images.
Nicht übersetzte Strings auf dieser Seite: Englische Zeichenkette (String)	Übersetzte Strings
This field is required.	-
Please fix this field.	-
Please enter a valid email address.	-
Please enter a valid URL.	-
Please enter a valid date.	-
Please enter a valid date (ISO).	-
Please enter a valid number.	-
Please enter only digits.	-
Please enter a valid credit card number.	-
Please enter the same value again.	-
Please enter a value with a valid extension.	-
Please enter no more than {0} characters.	-
Please enter at least {0} characters.	-
Please enter a value between {0} and {1} characters long.	-
Please enter a value between {0} and {1}.	-
Please enter a value less than or equal to {0}.	-
Please enter a value greater than or equal to {0}.	-

In the CB Administration & plugins management, the first language is "Default language (English)", after de-DE and then fr-fr. It doesn't seen to change anything when I
change the order of the languge plugins...

Attachments:

12 years 10 months ago #166577 by krileon
This would mean your language plugin is missing those language strings. Was able to confirm translating them is working perfectly fine with default language plugin. Being an older install your language plugin is likely out of date. I believe there is a dedicated German translator which can be found in our forge translation projects area.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb?jump=welcome

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #167095 by linpi
Thank you for now. I think I really already the latest version of the german language plugin because it hat a section "// CB 1.4 Validations:" in cbteamplugins_language.php.
Anyway, I have to stop for 2 weeks (I'm going in vacations) but I have to resolve this problem later.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #167100 by krileon
Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look. What language CB renders with is based off your default Joomla language OR the users specified language through the language field.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn