[#2572] GJ and Kunena Group Members cannot access forums

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #166359 by iglew
Joomla v1.5.23, CB 1.4, GJ 2.3 Kunena 1.6.3 - 1.6.4 Template Joomlarts T3 blank

GroupJive installed no issues, wall, events, invite all work no issues. Section "Groups" created in Forum, categories and groups created in GJ no problem. All users are joomla registered users and either autocreated or invited to become group members. Users are correctly joining the relevent group(s)

Menu created from plugin and moved to another menu.

The group owner can access the groups forums with no issues both via GJ or Kunena. Normal users who are members of the group cannot see the forums in Kunena and when they try to access the groups forum from GJ they are advised that they "You do not have permissions to access this page."

If the same user is made a moderator of a group forum in Kunena admin the groups become visible in the forum and fully accessible from GJ.

I'm sure that I've not configured something somewhere which is causing this issue. A pointer as to what I've missed or done wrong would be most welcome.

Many thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #166360 by krileon
Is a known issue and have existing bug report as follows.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2572

Don't believe this is anything you've done, but a failed check within the K1.6 GJ forum model. Apologize for the inconvenience; your feedback has been very helpful in helping isolate the cause. When/if possible will provide a quick fix to the above ticket.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #166364 by iglew
The issue occurs with both Kunena 1.6.3 and 1.6.4 thought an upgrade might fix.

Thanks for the prompt response this issue was highilghted on our dev server prior to live production. Happy to spend time testing asap as the Gj - kunena integration with private forum groups is a great feature!

12 years 3 months ago #184997 by iglew
Any movement on this we're now on cb 1.7.1. Gj 2.4 and Kunena 1.7.1 still same issue as first reported,

Works fine if sysadmin but normal registered users do not have permission to view/post to group specific forum.

If user is group moderator can view and access the forum BUT cannot now post to the group forum.

12 years 3 months ago #185080 by krileon
You should not be having this issue using GJ 2.4 as confirmed resolved. There's still some permissions issues, but are public user related. Perhaps something else is blocking them from posting or blocking users from the forums; maybe CBSubs if you've a plan configured to block forums?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #185085 by iglew
Thanks as usual for the prompt reply.CB Subs has not yet been installed.

Forum groups are created correctly, perhaps it's a configuration permissions issue?

What user level i.e. public, registered etc should the...
- forum plugin be
- The Kunena section ie the container for the GJ groups
- kunena shows the access level as "community builder:0" is this expected?

- sysadmin can see all and post
- group moderator can access the forum & see via GJ but cannot post and the kunena category dropdown does not display the relevant group(s) of which the user is a moderator

There may be a connection with groups to which users are autojoined at registration?

Anything else we should check? wall, about, invite and events all work OK with no issues

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn