[#2868] Email Confirmation not working CB1.7-CBSubs 1.2.2

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #177342 by nicophp
Have already readen topics of that problem but seems to be general with some hostings, while not being a problem with other components

1 - Joomla 1.5.23 - CB 1.7 - CBSubs 1.2.2
CB > Config > Registratsion > Registration Email Address and Registration Reply To Email Address are valid emails

Online in PHP Mailer:
CBSubs send perfectly the subscriptions activation emails
while CB don't send the Registration confirmation email
=> user can never access their account

Offline with SMTP server (with a Gmail config) all works perfect but Online, nor Joomla, nor CB, neither CBSubs (guess a relays issue)

Online and Offline SMTP (with a GoDaddy email config) works perfect,but should work in PHP Mailer as SMTP Server has daily Relays limit and is a bit slower.

All other components (eg. Fabrik) sending mails are happy with PHP Mailer

2 - Joomla 1.7 - CB 1.7
CB > Config > Registratsion > Registration Email Address and Registration Reply To Email Address are valid emails

Online PHP mailer not working

Online and Offline SMTP (with a GoDaddy email config) works perfect,but should work in PHP Mailer as SMTP Server has daily Relays limit and is a bit slower. And PHP Mailer is always the best solution

Any solution in the tube?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #177422 by krileon

All other components (eg. Fabrik) sending mails are happy with PHP Mailer

Joomla has a fallback feature. If PHP Mailer fails it trys sendmail. If sendmail fails it trys SMTP.

Has this always been the case? As in did it function fine in CB 1.4? We've upgraded the mailer libraries significantly for next release of CB, but currently 1.4 and 1.7 are using an out of date library compared to J1.7s. This shouldn't matter on a J1.5 install however.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #177517 by nicophp

Has this always been the case? As in did it function fine in CB 1.4?

Not always been the case but starts to be the case since CB 1.4

Have the problem with both J1.5.23 and j1.7
Now, I am not sure that it's the same issue:
on the J1.7 website, I have only CB1.7,
on the J1.5.23 website, I have CB1.7 + CBSubs 1.2.2 but CBSubs workflow mails where perfectly sent with the PHP Mailer activated (only the CB mails were not sent)

12 years 6 months ago #177691 by krileon
Perhaps something else is erroring and stopping the emails from sending. If you could please on the same host create a Joomla + CB install just to test if emails will send with phpmailer or not would be appreciated. This would help determine if it's a conflict or not ruling out a lot of investigation work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #178444 by nicophp
Was a bit delicate to do it on the hosting of the customer but so... I installed it, test it and uninstalled it during the week-end.
Had to set it to SMTP or Sendmail to have it working properly.

12 years 6 months ago #178505 by krileon
Next release of CB will have an up to date mailer library. Currently the library is the same that was provided with CB 1.4 making CBs quite out of date compared to J1.7. I apologize for the inconvenience and we'll be preparing a bug fix release in the near future. Unsure exactly what is causing this on some installs, but in some cases GJ or CB Invite emails are failing with PHP Mailer; issue still under investigation. In the mean time I've created the following ticket for further testing.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2868

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn