[#3051] Upgrade Groupjive 1.6 beta3 to Groupjive 2.4

12 years 4 months ago #183923 by qneal78710
Replied by qneal78710 on topic Re: Upgrade Groupjive 1.6 beta3 to Groupjive 2.4
I haven't deleted my gj installation at all. It's still in my backend and frontend. I can even create new groups. I simply install gj 2.4 and now I have two installations. I can create an login for the backend if you want to take a look.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #184086 by krileon
Was able to confirm your issue. The getTableStatus doesn't seam to be doing anything to check if the table exists or not. Have created the below bug ticket for further investigation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3051

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #184087 by krileon
Was able to investigate further and found this to be a bug in CB 1.7.1 it self and have created the below bug ticket for CB to further track this issue.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3052

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #184088 by qneal78710
okay so what do I do until now. I want to install so students can start getting back to work. Do I keep the old installation and just work until you put a fix in place?

12 years 4 months ago #184105 by qneal78710
Thanks for the fix. Now that I have downloaded the patch (3052.patch) and the database php file (cb.database.php), what should I do with them? Should I find these files and replace them or is there a download coming to replace the gj 2.4 download?

Thanks alot

12 years 4 months ago #184129 by qneal78710
I found the file you patched up and put in the cb.database.php new file to replace the old one. Now I can see the migrate tool. Thanks for working so quickly on this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn