[#3108] CB fields with duplicate Titles

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #185885 by dmmontana
[#3108] CB fields with duplicate Titles was created by dmmontana
Joomla 1.7.3
CB 1.7.1

I've created my CB fields, some of which have unique Names but duplicate Titles. For example, I have created two instances of a field titled Zip Code: cb_zipcode and cb_zipcodealt.

My problem is that when I'm creating a list in List Management, only one instance of Zip Code shows up in the Field List. And that is true for all the fields I've created that have duplicate Titles. I've confirmed that all of the fields are enabled and set to display in the profile.

And I don't want to change the Title on the 2nd instance, because I want it to say "Zip Code"on the profile.

I need for all of my created fields to show up in the Field List in List Management. Any ideas?

Thank you.
Denise Montana

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #186038 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB fields with duplicate Titles
Was able to confirm your issue and have created the below bug ticket for further investigation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3108

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #186044 by beat
You could create a language string for one of the two to workaround the bug.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #186129 by dmmontana
Replied by dmmontana on topic Re: [#3108] CB fields with duplicate Titles
That's outside my area of expertise. Could you write me up a quick explanation of what that means? Thanks!

12 years 4 months ago #186142 by nant

dmmontana wrote: That's outside my area of expertise. Could you write me up a quick explanation of what that means? Thanks!

Assuming you really need to have the exact same field title for 2 different CB fields, you can use language strings in field title definition instead of actual value.

So field1 title could be set to _UE_FIELD1 and field2 title to _UE_FIELD2

then you can add 2 additional lines to your language.php file (download and install latest english plugin from forge: forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-en/files )

and add two lines like this:

DEFINE ('_UE_FIELD1','Your title');
DEFINE ('_UE_FIELD2','Your title');

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.907 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn