[#4343] CB Privacy Plugin not showing "User" Option

10 years 5 months ago #236970 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Privacy Plugin not showing "User" Option
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look as I've nothing more to suggest nor can I confirm the issue so my best guess is somewhere there's a configuration problem.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #236978 by nhtim
Credentials have been PMed to you. Let me know if there is anything more you need. Thanks a ton for all your efforts!

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 1 month ago #237108 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and it's due to "Show empty fields" being set to "No". Please perform the below quickfix to resolve the issue.

IN: /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprivacy/field.cbprivacy.php
ON: Line 138
global $_CB_framework, $_PLUGINS;
TO:
global $_CB_framework, $_PLUGINS, $ueConfig;
ON: Line 148
$user->set( $fieldName, '' );
TO:
$user->set( $fieldName, ( ( isset( $ueConfig['showEmptyFields'] ) && ( $ueConfig['showEmptyFields'] == 0 ) ) || ( isset( $ueConfig['emptyFieldsText'] ) && ( $ueConfig['emptyFieldsText'] == '' ) ) ? ' ' : ' ' ) );

Was able to confirm the issue and confirm the above fix. The alternative to applying the quickfix is to set "Show empty fields" back to default "Yes" and ensure a empty field placeholder is specified below it (default "-").

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4343

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 5 months ago #237120 by nhtim
I take it that the permanent fix will not show the empty fields and still allow field information to be displayed per the users settings.

10 years 5 months ago #237152 by krileon
It forces the fields value to a space so it won't show the actual value. The title will still show. Thus far no workaround to that, but at least it's not violating a users privacy anymore.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

10 years 5 months ago #237163 by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic CB Privacy Plugin not showing "User" Option
Yes, worked as intended even if field title is show and would be better if not.

Thanks for support!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn