Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Can I give my moderators CB User Manager access?

• krileon
  • krileon
10 years 2 months ago #242138 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and it's due to your CB Moderator having the moderator usergroup and the Registered usergroup. CB sees the Registered usergroup and prevents the user from editing someone that belongs in the same usergroup. I've removed the Registered usergroup from the CB Moderator and it appears to be working fine now. Please also test and confirm working with the demo CB Moderator credentials provided.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• FSEconomy
  • FSEconomy
10 years 2 months ago #242143 by FSEconomy
Replied by FSEconomy on topic Can I give my moderators CB User Manager access?
Thanks. I tried with my personal account, and it works fine. Same with the test accounts. But, I'm not clear on what you changed?

krileon wrote: due to your CB Moderator having the moderator usergroup and the Registered usergroup

My CB Moderator is simply a Joomla usergroup: "PSR". Since this is a Joomla usergroup, it cannot have other usergroups associated with it. ?? Unless I'm not understanding something (which is obviously a true statement)

• krileon
  • krileon
10 years 2 months ago #242183 by krileon
Your moderator was in the usergroup "PSR" and "Registered" at the same time. The user the moderator was trying to edit is in "Registered". This means the moderator and the user they're trying to edit belong to same group. This causes a conflict, because moderators can't edit anyone with same group. Removing "Registered" from the moderator resolves this conflict. Once we've implemented better permissions usage this won't be an issue in a future CB release, but for now you need to ensure your moderators don't have the same usergroup as someone they'll need to edit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• FSEconomy
  • FSEconomy
10 years 2 months ago #242190 by FSEconomy
Replied by FSEconomy on topic Can I give my moderators CB User Manager access?
Gothcha, thanks! I was just going off the usergroup permissions, and not the individual's themselves. All clear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon