[#4911] CB Connect Google and Facebook login problems

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #253951 by waynesj
Hi.I have read what I could find that is similar to my problem on this forum, but could not find a workable solution, so need your input.

Environment: Joomla2.5.17, CB 2.0.3, CB Connect 6.0.2, CBSubs 4.0.0.rc1
Attempting to use Facebook and Google accounts for member login.

When using google I get the following error
Error: redirect_uri_mismatch
Application: Event Organiser's Network

You can email the developer of this application at: wayne@eonetwork.co.za

The redirect URI in the request: www.eonetwork.co.za/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconnect/endpoint.php?hauth.done=Google did not match a registered redirect URI.

When using Facebook, I get error on the homepage that states
"Sign up with Facebook is not permitted"

Screen shots of setup in CB connect for Facebook and Google attached.

Regards
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #253971 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect Google and Facebook login problems
If you've configured your Google application for HTTP and you visit your site with HTTPS it won't work. You'd need to add both versions of the domain. Ensure the Callback URL supplied in backend is properly supplied to the Google application as needed. Click the provider link in the configuration of Google/Facebook for configuration information.

Regarding Facebook you did not configure your Facebook application for website usage.

We'll have new configuration tutorials for each social site when time permits, but for now the provider link information is all that is available.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #254064 by waynesj
Replied by waynesj on topic CB Connect Google and Facebook login problems
Hi
Re Google. Checked everything. Am not using https. Copied callback from cb Connect and pasted in Google setup. Screen shot attached. Still getting mismatch error??

Re Facebook. Checked again. This has been setup for website usage. Recreated app in Facebook in case. Still getting same error on home page. Screen shot included

Need more detailed assistance.

Thanks in advance
Attachments:

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #254122 by krileon

Re Google. Checked everything. Am not using https. Copied callback from cb Connect and pasted in Google setup. Screen shot attached. Still getting mismatch error??

Was able to confirm your Google issue. The URLs are matching 100% so I've no idea why Google is rejecting it. I've created a bug ticket to investigate further, but at this time I've nothing further to suggest for Google.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4911

Re Facebook. Checked again. This has been setup for website usage. Recreated app in Facebook in case. Still getting same error on home page. Screen shot included

You need to ensure your Facebook application is completely activated. This includes clicking "Status & Review" and enabling it. All applications are disabled by default. Ensure your application has login permissions on this same page as well. If it does not then click Items in Review and request login permissions. If you're testing with the same account that owns the application you shouldn't have issues though, but as Facebook is telling you your application does not have login permission it's not CB Connect causing your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #254124 by krileon
Ok, investigated the Google issue further and found the cause. Remove the "?hauth_done=Google" from the URL. It should then work. Will fix backend to output the proper URL for next release.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, onkelchris

8 years 11 months ago #262544 by waynesj
Hi
I now have time to deal with this issue again. Using CB-Connect with Facebook and google is still not working.

For Facebook, I have checked every setting. It is setup for web etc.
I get an error on the Home page as in the screenshot attached, same as 4 months ago.The error looks like a Joomla system error, not a Facebook error.

Please, I need to get this to work, especially since I have paid for the plugin. There must be someone who can offer a solution in an understandable way. Please note, I am not a developer, so need fairly detailed feedback.

I will deal with the Google error later, lets just get Facebook working.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn