[#5157] CB 2.0.6 Privacy 4.0.2 - All options set - no effect

8 years 11 months ago #261757 by sysopcrew
Replied by sysopcrew on topic CB 2.0.7 Privacy 4.0.3 - Profile Privacy
I am using 4.0.3. The expected behavior is that the profile not display for "Guest" users. Currently, I get the link above--you see the canvas image, profile image, and name. I can't hide those items (the entire profile) from guests. It just "behaves" a little like the 4.0.2 bug you identified. I have Profile Privacy set to Moderator Set with a default of Registered & Board of Directors user groups.

I have some profiles I want as guest-viewable, so I have the CB Configuration: User Profile set to public. But for most user profiles, like the link I provided above, I don't want their name seen by a user that is not logged in. I thought Profile Privacy set to Moderator Set and selected Registered users only would hide access to the entire profile go "Guest" users.

I hope that explains in more detail. I updated the subject of this reply with the versions I'm using.

--
David Riviera

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #261795 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB 2.0.7 Privacy 4.0.3 - Profile Privacy
Ensure CB Privacy within CB > Plugin Management is public and published. If you've any caching enabled be sure to purge it before testing. I assume your Guest is a logged out user (Public). If a Registered user is being labeled as Guest then you'll have this issue as Registered is selected to allow access. If issue persists please PM backend super administrator login credentials as I'm able to confirm your issue at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 11 months ago #261895 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB 2.0.7 Privacy 4.0.3 - Profile Privacy
Your "Board Member" view access level is configured incorrectly. You selected profile access to be "Registered", "Board Member", and "NCS Alert System" view access levels, but "Board Member" has the "Guest" usergroup selected. I don't know if this is intentional so I did not fix this for you. Please review your view access levels carefully and adjust as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sysopcrew

8 years 11 months ago #261907 by sysopcrew
Replied by sysopcrew on topic CB 2.0.7 Privacy 4.0.3 - Profile Privacy
Thank you! I missed that, it was entirely wrong. Hrm. It was good to have some good eyes double check this, thanks much. It works perfect!

--
David Riviera
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn