Dislike new advance search?

8 years 9 months ago #265792 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Dislike new advance search?
It would probably be easier to train the person to become accustomed to the newer search then attempt to revert to be honest. You're losing way too much by going back to CB 1.x for just that advanced search feature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #265801 by hayesjames
Replied by hayesjames on topic Dislike new advance search?
I completely agree. The individual concerned has been trained, for ages, just continually moans about how much harder it is and how much longer it now takes to segment the database and send bulk mailings to them. They are sticking their foot down and totally unwilling to buy into the new way. The problem with charities is the labour believe that they are the most important thing since sliced bread because they are working for free!

8 years 9 months ago #265806 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Dislike new advance search?
CB isn't really setup for ideal bulk emailing to begin with. It'd probably easier to put people into appropriate AcyMailing newsletter subscriptions and just fire off a newsletter as needed. This is significantly more efficient if the criteria doesn't change. Until we've a way to save filters (you sort of can using URL structure) and have mailer templates no matter what sending bulk emails is going to be a pain.

If the filters don't change and you need a way to filter the user manager down rather quickly and repeatedly it is possible to do this with URLs. It's kind of a pain to format, but the below explains the structure.

Parameter: usersbrowser[filter_advanced][0][column]
Value: Field ID

Parameter: usersbrowser[filter_advanced][0][operator]
Value: URL Encoded Operator (see below list)

Equal to = %3D
Not equal to = %3C%3E%7C%7CISNULL
Less than = %3C
Less than or equal to = %3C%3D
Greater than = %3E
Greater than or equal to = %3E%3D
Contains = LIKE
Does not contain = NOT%20LIKE%7C%7CISNULL
Is one of (,-separated values) = IN
Is not one of (,-separated values) = NOT%20IN%7C%7CISNULL

Parameter: usersbrowser[filter_advanced][0][value]
Value: URL Encoded Value

Notice the [0]. That's the repeat usage row. This means if you supply all 3 parameters you'll have 1 filter row pre-setup. If you supply a second set of parameters, but change [0] to [1] you'll have 2 filters pre-applied. Example as follows.

&usersbrowser[filter_advanced][0][column]=46&usersbrowser[filter_advanced][0][operator]=%3D&usersbrowser[filter_advanced][0][value]=test

That reads as "First Name - Equal To - test" as the field id of 46 is the first name field. You'd just add the above to the end of your user management URL. If you construct such URLs for common filters you can bookmark them and quickly get back to that filter list.

That's the best I can suggest for now to maybe help with the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 9 months ago #265830 by hayesjames
Replied by hayesjames on topic Dislike new advance search?
That's a great idea Kyle, maybe if he complains too much I could just create a URL and send it too him. Unfortunately there are too many combinations (in the millions!) to make them and give him a list, but I like this idea.

I have setup the AcyMailer as well, but he still has to use this search system to create the lists.

thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn