Joomla Content Author Plugin

18 years 4 months ago #980 by joomlales
Joomla Content Author Plugin was created by joomlales
In reviewing the Plug-ins that come with RC2 I noted one called Joomla Content Author. I am assuming this is associated with the "Articles" tab. That being the case, how does a registered user create an article? I did set things up to add a content item from the User Menu. But it will not work as articles are usually submitted by authors..... Am I making sense? Bottom line is that I want my constituents to be able to write articles, have them approved by admin, and then get them posted.

:blink:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #982 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Joomla Content Author Plugin
joomlales wrote:

In reviewing the Plug-ins that come with RC2 I noted one called Joomla Content Author. I am assuming this is associated with the "Articles" tab. That being the case, how does a registered user create an article? I did set things up to add a content item from the User Menu. But it will not work as articles are usually submitted by authors..... Am I making sense? Bottom line is that I want my constituents to be able to write articles, have them approved by admin, and then get them posted.

I think that you have to make them authors in order to be able to submit articles.

18 years 4 months ago #1050 by joomlales
Replied by joomlales on topic Re:Joomla Content Author Plugin
nant wrote:

joomlales wrote:

I think that you have to make them authors in order to be able to submit articles.

Hey Nick - I understand this now ---- It just seems a bit odd that everyone defaults to "Registered" and then they are given the option to submit content - but they need to have "author" status. This confused me at the start. And if I create a menu item called "Submit Article", they will get blocked (unless I do what you suggest) --- Dunno, I think there is a better way to do this (not sure what that is). Regardless, you guys have done a superlative job with CB and have created a huge fan in me!

regards - Les :cheer:

18 years 4 months ago #1061 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Joomla Content Author Plugin
Thanks for you kind words.
There is also a component that allows regular registered users to submit content. I think its available over at joomlaya.com - I haven't tried it and I am not sure that its a good idea.

18 years 4 months ago #1463 by hfhs
Replied by hfhs on topic Re:Joomla Content Author Plugin
I had some questions about the Joomla Content Author as well. It seems that by publishing the Plugin and the Tab it creates a tab in the Profile Page of the user. It will then display any articles that have been published by that user.

I think if you want to have users submit articles for your site then you need an additional component that does that. I use SimpleNews. I haven't had any users submit articles yet however, I have used it and it works pretty good.

Don

18 years 4 months ago #1543 by joomlales
Replied by joomlales on topic Re:Joomla Content Author Plugin
hfhs wrote:

I had some questions about the Joomla Content Author as well. It seems that by publishing the Plugin and the Tab it creates a tab in the Profile Page of the user. It will then display any articles that have been published by that user.

I think if you want to have users submit articles for your site then you need an additional component that does that. I use SimpleNews. I haven't had any users submit articles yet however, I have used it and it works pretty good.

Don

Hey Don - Thanks for your input... I had a look at Simple News..... Not a Joomla Component... I dug further into CZ submit - and have installed it. Works like a gem! So I will be using it .
Les :whistle:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn