I can export, but how do I import?

6 years 4 months ago #298703 by ernienet
I can export, but how do I import? was created by ernienet
I've been using CBJuice for years to export data for clients, but I've never had to import new records until now. It's something I'm probably going to have to do a few more times for various clients, so if anyone knows where I can get full help with this, I'd appreciate it.

The JED entry for CBJuice says there is a PDF, but I can't find one on Forge or anywhere else. I read a post that referred to a video, but cannot find any video.

I have a list of about 1,700 people to import. The import fails with the following:
Starting an ADD-EDIT Run in CBJUICE2
CB Version =2.1
CBJ2_HEADER_VARIABLES are
Array ( [0] => username email requireReset firstname middlename lastname cb_company cb_jobtitle cb_address cb_suite cb_city cb_state cb_zipcode cb_phone cb_fax cb_tollfree )

username email requireReset firstname middlename lastname cb_company cb_jobtitle cb_address cb_suite cb_city cb_state cb_zipcode cb_phone cb_fax cb_tollfree is not valid

Terminating because of undefined header variables
The field names are valid (copied from an export), I used TAB delimiting, and set the options in CBJuice to TAB. I suspect it's expecting a password field, but I don't have passwords for these users - I included requireReset for that purpose.

Is that for sure the issue? Do I need to create 1,700 hashed passwords to import? Is there a handy tool for doing that?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Ernie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn