[#2441] Inconsistency

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #158011 by drdehart
[#2441] Inconsistency was created by drdehart
When a user has created a group, but not "Joined" any, under Groups Menu when they click "Groups I have Joined", it says "This user has not joined any Groups"; but under Groups Information, it says "Joined: 1".

Probably should say "Joined: 0"?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #158138 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Inconsistency
Group Information is not "Joined", it is "Users". Changing the string from "Users" to "Joined" will clearly change its meaning and would make it inconsistent; I can't account for each users changes. The owner IS a user and will reflect that (showing zero users isn't consistent as that's not true). The Joined tab on profile reflects what groups the user joined, it does not show what groups they created because those are shown under "My Groups", it would be strange to display it in two locations at the same time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #158147 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: Inconsistency
Don't think I am following you. Are you saying that the circled word on the attached file should be "Users", not "Joined". I don't recall it being changed, but if you say so - to which "Users" does it refer?
Attachments:

13 years 1 month ago #158176 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Inconsistency
I see, screenshot was of large help, this is on the Panel. This indeed is a bug as was under impression you meant the group information displayed when viewing a group directly. Have added a bug ticket to address this issue. A user should not show as Joined for his own groups.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2441

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn