GroupJive Configuration Posibilities

11 years 1 month ago #219889 by ajbat21
GroupJive Configuration Posibilities was created by ajbat21
Hi.

Any and All insight welcomed.

Here is what I would like to accomplish with GJ... Please let me know if this is possible. Did not want to waste too much time if I am barking up the wrong tree...

I have several profile (user) types on my site... This function is handled by the Profile Manager Component... Works perfectly. No Problems.

User Type 1 - Mentors
User Type 2 - Military Veterans

I would like to use groupJive to create mentoring groups (owned/created by the Mentor user group). I would then show all the created Mentor Groups on s specific menu item...

A Military Veteran that would like to access the Group would need to be approved (by the group's creator - Mentor). Group size could range from 1 (one-on-one mentor relationship or 2 or more)...

QUESTIONS
1. Is there a way to have the group creator limit the number of people that can join group.

2. If the group limit is reached can the Group (mentor) be automatically removed from the list of available groups.

As I stated any insight will do.

Thanks,

AB

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #219894 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive Configuration Posibilities
Groups aren't owned by a user group. They're owned by a specific user. So mentors could be allowed to create new GJ groups. You could then set it so only groups of "Approval" type are allowed to be created. When a military user trys to join they'll need to await approval from the groups owner. Menu item is of course doable.

1. Is there a way to have the group creator limit the number of people that can join group.

No.

2. If the group limit is reached can the Group (mentor) be automatically removed from the list of available groups.

There's no Join limit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #219898 by ajbat21
Replied by ajbat21 on topic GroupJive Configuration Posibilities
Thanks Kyle,

Overall that is the direction that I am heading in... I think I can live without the group limits.

At the moment I am looking for the best way to show on the profile to make interaction really easy.

One last question on this topic if you don't mind me asking

is there a method to show the name of the group(s) that a user belongs to on their profile. For example... after a user is approved for a specific group the name show on their profile - (My Group: ABC GROUP).

11 years 1 month ago #219905 by krileon
The Groups tab shows the categories the user owns, groups the user owns, groups the user joined, invites from the user, and invites to the user. Any of which can be disabled of course. If you want strictly name display like in a field you could use CB Query Field to query the database for this, but that requires a professional subscription; alternative is to edit the tab template and adjust its display to whatever you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #219981 by ajbat21
Replied by ajbat21 on topic GroupJive Configuration Posibilities
Thanks, I'll take that into consideration... Is there way to purchase just the plugin in... Professional Sub not really in my budget.

Thanks,

11 years 1 month ago #220050 by krileon
Pretty sure you can't single purchase any of the incubator projects. They go through rapid development too often and it's a bad idea in general to single purchase as you get no support or upgrades for that purchase. Your best bet if you don't want to upgrade is to just modify the GJ Groups tab to display however you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn