[#2432] Invalid invite recipient!

13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #157769 by drdehart
[#2432] Invalid invite recipient! was created by drdehart
When inviting by partial username, I get the multiple users listing. After selecting one of the users, I see this message: "Invalid invite recipient!". And the user is not invited.

If I put the entire username in the invite field, I get the "Invite sent successfully!" message.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 week ago #157770 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: Invalid invite recipient!
Related - when the user that was invited to this Invite group accepts the invitation by clicking the "here" link in the IM, he sees the message "Not authorized." on the resulting GJ page. But is apparently in the group because he can see all the tabs and after refreshing the screen the message goes away.

13 years 1 week ago #157778 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Invalid invite recipient!
This is due to Invite by ID being disabled. Have added a bug ticket to fix for next release. Within GJ configuring enable invites by ID and should resolve (is the only way I could duplicate).

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2432

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #157779 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Invalid invite recipient!

drdehart wrote: Related - when the user that was invited to this Invite group accepts the invitation by clicking the "here" link in the IM, he sees the message "Not authorized." on the resulting GJ page. But is apparently in the group because he can see all the tabs and after refreshing the screen the message goes away.

What type of group is it and what is the groups access set to so may attempt to duplicate? If not logged in they should be sent to login page informing them to login or register. If they are logged in it should bypass authorization due to an invite existing (which the check could be failing, need more details on your group).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 week ago #157810 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: [#2432] Invalid invite recipient!
Group Type: Invite
Group Access: Registered
Invite Access: Group Moderator
Members Public: No

The member that responded to the invite was logged in.

13 years 1 week ago #157888 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: [#2432] Invalid invite recipient!
Have fixed this with next release, seams there was a problem with the invite check. Was fixed along with #2432.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: drdehart

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn