Forums stop auto creating

12 years 11 months ago #160461 by inspireddevelopment
Forums stop auto creating was created by inspireddevelopment
My instance of GJ doesnt seem to generate a forum until i resave the group from the Edit Group page.

When i click new group there is no forum option in the list of integrations. When i click Edit Group you can see Forum integration is now in the list. I must click Edit Group and then click Save before it generates the forum... Now the weird part..

Now that i have created 1 Group, if create another group in the same category it will offer me the option of Forum integration upon first creation... This happens regaurdless of whether or not i have enabled (edit group / clicked save) Forums for the 1st group i created.

Now if i next create another group in a different category it again does not display the forum integration.

So, to recap the rules of this bug -

> Must create 1 Group in each Category before groups with auto forum integration can be created in that specific Category.
> Must click Edit Group before 1st Group forum integration is visible.
> Not effected by other user groups in category.

I was thinking it was something related to Kunena users not synchronizing properly until after the first group is created, but that wouldnt explain why you still have to create an initial Group in all other Categories before creation-integration is visible in that Cat.

Is anyone else expierencing similar issues or is this a known bug?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #160708 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Forums stop auto creating
What version of GJ are you using? What version of Kunena? Where are you creating groups from (frontend or backend)? What version of CB? What version of Joomla? Need more information. The only known bug regarding forums is moderator creation in Kunena 1.6, which is fixed for next release (2.3, RC release available to professional subscribers now).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #160711 by inspireddevelopment
Replied by inspireddevelopment on topic Re: Forums stop auto creating
Joomla 1.5.21
CB 1.4
GJ 2.2
Kunena 1.6.3

So... looks like its Kunena?.. I'm a pro subscriber.. didnt realise you released advanced versions of Kunena, will take a browse for it..

12 years 11 months ago #160714 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Forums stop auto creating
You are a Advanced subscriber and not Professional. We don't release anything Kunena, it's not our extension. You've misunderstood my reply. There is only 1 known issue regarding forum integration and that's with setting new Moderators, which is fixed in 2.3. However, professional subscribers have access to 2.3 RC now, which is more or less a Beta of the 2.3 release which will be made available to Advanced subscribers likely later this week.

Am not able to duplicate any of your forum creation issues, please run GJ Tools to see if any issues can be found.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #160717 by inspireddevelopment
Replied by inspireddevelopment on topic Re: Forums stop auto creating
oops, sorry i didnt realise, yeah i'll run those tools and see what results i get, thanks buddy!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn