[#3696] Coupon Codes and 2Checkout

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #202674 by jminer
[#3696] Coupon Codes and 2Checkout was created by jminer
We would like to create a 10% discount coupon for a plan that is synced with 2Checkout. To do this will we need to create an identical coupon code for 2Checkout as CBSubs? All in all, can you fill us in on how the total value will be passed and properly adjusted for this type of promotional transaction with 2Checkout?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #202994 by jminer
Replied by jminer on topic Re: Coupon Codes and 2Checkout
any update to this question available?

11 years 10 months ago #203049 by jminer
Today we tested adding a coupon to the system at registration. When we enter the coupon at checkout on our site the price is properly adjusted. The main problem is that when you click the submit button and send the values over to 2Checkout the coupon code is not sent over. Since CB Subs is fully encrypted it seems that we cannot adjust this on our end. After discussions with 2CO they say that this is a simple value to send over. Can you all please let us know when and if it is possible to update the payment gateway integration to include this coupon code?

11 years 7 months ago #211026 by jminer
Bringing this one back up again. We now have a handful of other clients requesting promo codes to be used with CB Subs. Anyone want to chime in on how this could be done?

11 years 6 months ago #211075 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Coupon Codes and 2Checkout
I've no experience with 2co, but will do my best. You're using CBSubs 2.0.2, correct? If not please upgrade and see if issue persists. As I understand you need to create the coupon code on both 2co and in CBSubs it self.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #211080 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Coupon Codes and 2Checkout
Have tested with a demo account wasn't necessary to create the product or coupon at 2Checkout. I simply made the purchase and the discounted price was sent to 2Checkout. I suggest handling coupons strictly through CBSubs or you could have double coupon usage. Alternative is to not use CBSubs Promotions and use the coupon system provided at 2Checkout (applied on 2co payment page). My test was made with a donation plan and a merchandise plan, please provide exactly your plan setup so can test further.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn