EU VAT Law 2015 - Please help - How to do ?

9 years 3 months ago #256103 by nant

cavo789 wrote: Good morning,

I'm just trying Nant, just trying...

Except if I am wrong, there is no documentation "CBSubs 4" available (not found) and this part of the screen is not documentated in the CBSubs 3 pdf.

Correct - there is no newer documentation yet, but there will be an update when CBSubs 4.0 stable is released. In the meantime existing documentation is sufficient.

Please don't tell me what I done wrong but what I should do right :-D

My question, still the same, how make things working in order to be able to correctly calculate tax rates for the EU based on the buyer's country. This, dynamically.

For the moment, I've only create a rule with 20% (hardcoded) as rate (France) but this rate isn't correct for all countries and what if a country modify his rate => how make things dynamic ? One "dynamic" tax rule.

Thanks a lot.

I will be setting up a detailed test site and will go through all steps needed and will reply asap.

Beat and Kyle should also post back any comments suggestions once back from weekend holidays.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #256104 by cavo789
Replied by cavo789 on topic EU VAT Law 2015 - Please help - How to do ?
Great ! Thanks Nick

Developper of aeSecure, optimizing and securing your web Apache sites

9 years 3 months ago #256323 by nant
Ok - Finally Beat and I (mostly Beat) were able to track down the issue which is most likely a bug in CB 2.0 API somewhere.

Here is the cause and a quickfix that seems to work in our tests:

With CBSubs 4.0 RC1 (latest nightly) installed on your CB 2.0.4 (latest nightly) site please visit your CBSubs Settings -> Display -> Invoices tab and look at your Invoice totalizers ordering area. You should see a set of integer parameters empty - this is the cause of the issue.

Manually set these parameters to following default values:

Subtotal 1 = 10
Subtotal 2 = 0
Sales Tax = 40
Promotions = 20
Subtotal 3 = 0
Subtotal 4 = 0
Grand Total = 100

Then save your settings - this should solve your issue.

Thank you for reporting and helping us find this bug - please verify that things work for you after applying this work-around.

9 years 3 months ago #256341 by beat
Moderator notice:
Moved 2 posts of unrelated issue of mctrading that was posted as replies here into a new dedicated thread:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/256-cbsubs-support/227976-promotion-depending-on-business-status-shows-only-after-saving-invoice#256340

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #256461 by cavo789
Replied by cavo789 on topic EU VAT Law 2015 - Please help - How to do ?
Hello Nant & Nick,

Glad if I'm help you to discover a bug...

I've done exactly what you've said i.e. manually overwritte the figures (since the default values were already these one) but don't see any differences.

My versions are well 2.0.4 and 4.0 RC1 : you've mentionned latest nightly => should I download fresh files ?

But (you'll hate me Nant) my double-problem is still there :

1. As a visitor, when I display a plan I can immediatly create an account by filling my name, firstname, and so on. Then by clicking on the Save button, I receive an "Your enrolment has been registered screen" (see screen capture below) : there is no VAT ! Is it the bug you were speaking about ? If yes, still there. If no, is it a bug ?

Note : the enrolment form don't have a "Country" field; probably the reason (=> how to add this field so CBSubs can use it)

2. Still same question : how can I respect EU VAT law i.e. apply the correct tax rate depending on the customer's country ? At this time, I've one tax rule with one (hardcoded) rate. How CBSubs can do the magic for me.

(Do you hate me ? Hope not ;-))

Thanks for your time.

(BTW : Hi Beat! Perhaps you don't remember me; I'm a moderator for the French AFUJ; already meet you severall times during JDays in France; you're present in the room during my last conference (Website optimization))

Developper of aeSecure, optimizing and securing your web Apache sites
Attachments:

9 years 3 months ago #256463 by nant

cavo789 wrote: 1. As a visitor, when I display a plan I can immediatly create an account by filling my name, firstname, and so on. Then by clicking on the Save button, I receive an "Your enrolment has been registered screen" (see screen capture below) : there is no VAT ! Is it the bug you were speaking about ? If yes, still there. If no, is it a bug ?

Was able to recreate this issue and opened a ticket #4988
The following user(s) said Thank You: cavo789

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.395 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn