Sub sites

15 years 6 months ago #77102 by nikanstis
Sub sites was created by nikanstis
Hi,
Have read a lot of similar posts on many sites but am still completely confused so would really appreciate any help you guys can give.

Want to set up a site with several (sub sites/sub domains) for different countries (all on one dedicated server). Each site will look similar in terms of layout but contain different articles content etc. I also want to have a 'community element' across all the sites where by users could log into one sub site e.g uk but later log into spain for instance, but still have access to their profile pics etc etc.

CB looks like a cool solution but have no idea how to set up the sub domains to have them independent in terms of content but allow users to move between them.

Have heard about the elearning software but how does this work....

Sorry for rambling but really need help as this is driving me nuts.
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #77112 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Sub sites
Instead of subdomains, simply create menu items to go to the separate areas, maybe using Joomla categories and category listings?

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 6 months ago #77118 by nikanstis
Replied by nikanstis on topic Re:Sub sites
Hi, Thanks normally I would but idea really is to have each as an individual site on its own but linked to the others. Each site having directories, forum, articles and feeds specific to a country so think sub sites is going to be the only way to make it logical and give each country its own homepage etc.

Have looked at Elearning Site manager pro......could that work? Anyone?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn