Upload component - Failed?

17 years 11 months ago #12832 by hywl51
Upload component - Failed? was created by hywl51
I downloaded the CB stable 1.0 and tried to install it on joomla 1.0.8.
According to readme file, I first installed the comprofiler.zip and get the following error:

Upload component - Failed
Another component is already using directory: "D:\run\Apache1\Apache\htdocs\Joomla_1.0.8\components\com_comprofiler\"
[ Continue ... ]

Also, I ran a new installation, not upgrade.

Can anyone help me?

hywl51

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #12850 by Machiel
Replied by Machiel on topic Re:Upload component - Failed?
Did you had CB rc2 installed and removed it? Maybe the removal didn't went right and is the com_comprofiler not removed. You should remove that folder manually and try to install it again.

Hope it works.

Best Regards
Machiel

CB tester

17 years 11 months ago #12994 by pastor_rob
Replied by pastor_rob on topic Re:Upload component - Failed?
I have uninstalled rc2 ... and followed the readme and the pdf document ... and still it does not work for me. I get to install the modules ... but the comprofiler.zip component does not work. I keep getting errors.

Failed to create directory "/xxxx/xxxxxxx/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/"

Can anyone help me??? I use CB all over my site. I am a church and it helps build community in the church.

Thanks in advance!

17 years 11 months ago #13052 by Machiel
I have no idea why it doesn't works. He's unable to create the directory. Have you problems installing other components? Try to remove all the com_comprofiler folders in your installation(adminstrator/components and components/) and try it again. Don't forget to backup first.

Best Regards
Machiel

CB tester

17 years 11 months ago #13092 by pastor_rob
Replied by pastor_rob on topic Re:Upload component - Failed?
When I publish the module for login I get this error:

Warning: main(/home/mtolives/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/default_language.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mtolives/public_html/modules/mod_cblogin.php on line 121

Can you or anyone help with this???

Thank you in advance ... and have a great day!!!

17 years 11 months ago #13093 by Machiel
Have you allready installed the component. If not that it logical that you will get that error. Because the login module uses the components language file. And if the component isn't installed you will get that error.

Best Regards
Machiel

CB tester

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn