Upgrade to Joomla 1.0.10

17 years 9 months ago #16730 by leeshipley
Replied by leeshipley on topic Re:Upgrade to Joomla 1.0.10
I think we have agreement. This is a golden moment for Joomla and Community Builder. The combination as tested out by Beat appears to work perfectly.
I would just like to mark how fine that is by pointing out that this gaggle of extensions appear to work perfectly, straight out of the box using only the readme.txts and supplied documentation to install
  • Joomla 1.0.10.This is a wonderfully stable release
  • Community Builder 1.0 Stable. Don't even think about staying on anything before this!
  • JoomlaBoard 1.1.2. A forum component nicely integrated into both Joomla and CB
  • ummeIM 0.5b (build 4). Mature instant messaging which again works perfectly
  • YaNC 1.3 beta 5. The only real worry because development appears to have halted on what is a fine set of code. Let us hope that it is revived because I am not looking forward to doing unsanctioned hacks.
  • A round of applause all round for the developers, testers and coordinators. All this and the prospect of enhancement in 1.5.
    Wow.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #16883 by Masiello
    Replied by Masiello on topic Re:Upgrade to Joomla 1.0.10
    Hello, I am a new member community, my name is Antonio from Italy.

I don't understand if this new CB release 1.0 stable (I'm new for CB, aver using it, now it's the first time my intention to install on my portal) is compatible with Joomla 1.0.10, thank for any reply.

17 years 9 months ago #16888 by tromp
    Replied by tromp on topic Re:Upgrade to Joomla 1.0.10
    I upgraded my site yesterday without any problems.

17 years 9 months ago #16923 by leeshipley
    Replied by leeshipley on topic Re:Upgrade to Joomla 1.0.10
    Antonio,
    Beat did a test(see previously in thread) before Joomla 1.0.10 was released to ensure that CB 1.0 stable did work. My site is that it works fine with the combination. Other site administrators in this thread are reporting much the same.

But your experience may be different if you have a different mix of extensions and/or hacks. CB is a fairly sophisticated extension that depends on Joomla being pretty much out of the box. Always backup; always pre-test if you can and have your rollback procedure already worked out if the upgrade fails!

17 years 9 months ago #16924 by Masiello
    Replied by Masiello on topic Re:Upgrade to Joomla 1.0.10
    Thanks you all for asking :) Have nice day

17 years 9 months ago #17045 by bucks
    Replied by bucks on topic Re:Upgrade to Joomla 1.0.10
    Upgraded Joomla! from 1.0.7 to 1.0.10 yesterday and have now
    just upgraded to CBv1 stable and no problems found so far.:woohoo:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
    Time to create page: 0.239 seconds