406 error on Send Registration

16 years 10 months ago #39546 by bluesatsuma
406 error on Send Registration was created by bluesatsuma
Hi This is my first install of CB and I keep getting a 406 error when I click the Send Registration button on the Register Page. this is the code from the form
[code:1]<form action="www.blabla.com/JOOMLA/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,login/" method="post" id="mod_loginform" style="margin:0px;">[/code:1]

I have created a clean install and get the same issue.
Must be something I have missed on the setup.

Thanks Andy

Post edited by: bluesatsuma, at: 2007/06/15 00:06

Found it My Host needs php.ini files in JOOMLA folder to run.

Hope it helps.

Andy

Post edited by: bluesatsuma, at: 2007/06/15 00:29

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #39914 by jellopop
Replied by jellopop on topic Re:406 error on Send Registration
I keep getting the same error when I try to test the registration feature, but I do believe I have a php.ini file. The registration feature worked like a charm before, I'm not exactly sure what has happened. My situation: I have Joomla and SMF installed along with the Joomlahacks bridge. I recently installed the Joomla sef patch and changed the ht.access file to .htaccess to enable prettier urls. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks so much!

16 years 10 months ago #39915 by jellopop
Replied by jellopop on topic Re:406 error on Send Registration
I keep getting the same error when I try to test the registration feature, but I do believe I have a php.ini file. The registration feature worked like a charm before, I'm not exactly sure what has happened. My situation: I have Joomla and SMF installed along with the Joomlahacks bridge. I recently installed the Joomla sef patch and changed the ht.access file to .htaccess to enable prettier urls. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks so much!

16 years 9 months ago #41035 by ianb
Replied by ianb on topic Re:406 error on Send Registration
I too am having issues with 406 errors and have not found a way around the problem. We have asked for support from our host and got the following answer.

"ALERT - configured POST variable name length limit exceeded - dropped variable 'cbj79eef95921e9e645e83b6cd98a42bdb45909102dee3a2c8cf82e896c50253b12' (attacker 'IP was here', file '/home/somewhere/public_html/index.php')

That is the error it is giving. I have attempted to raise the limit on this variable for you, but it seems the name of this variable is incredibly long. Once the length of this is shortened, it will work properly."

I have had a good look around to no avail. Thought that I found something in when I found function confirm in comprofiler.php. I adjusted the values but still no joy.

Any help appreciated

16 years 9 months ago #41120 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:406 error on Send Registration
Please search this forum for "hardened php" for solution :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 9 months ago #41145 by ianb
Replied by ianb on topic Re:406 error on Send Registration
Thank you. Did the trick nicely:)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn