Install error

16 years 8 months ago #42144 by andreao
Install error was created by andreao
When trying to install comprofiler.zip I keep getting the following error message?

Another component is already using directory home/andrea/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/

Any idea what it is and how to fix it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #42499 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Install error
andreao wrote:

When trying to install comprofiler.zip I keep getting the following error message?

Another component is already using directory home/andrea/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/

Any idea what it is and how to fix it?

this means that you have probably attempted to install CB and it was never properly unistalled.

this there is already a folder with the same name as CB want to install in.

you need to manually cleanup these folders.

you can use ftp to remove these folders (or ask your host to help you) and you might also want to look at dropping any comprofiler database tables (if you need a clean install).

16 years 8 months ago #42646 by andreao
Replied by andreao on topic Re:Install error
Thanks, got it installed but my template changed now and can't get the components placed no matter what I do. Can you look at www.pampermeplace.net and let me know what you think may be up? It was great until I installed CB.

Andrea

16 years 8 months ago #43316 by andreao
Replied by andreao on topic Re:Install error
Nick, can you tell me why I can't organize my site after I install CB? I had to reinstall Joomla and had all the components working fine then after CB it did it once again. Take a look at www.pampermeplace.net and see what I mean.

Thanks,
Andrea

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.641 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn