registration session expired and/or cookies are no

16 years 11 months ago #36427 by beat
To solve the problem with hardened php version with cookie names length limitations, here is the fix implemented in next cb release:

in comprofile.class.php, search for:

[code:1] $validate = 'cbj' . md5( $mainframe->getCfg('secret') ) . md5( $mainframe->getCfg( 'db' ) . date( 'dmY' ) );
[/code:1]
and change the 2 occurences to:

[code:1] $validate = 'cbj' . md5( $mainframe->getCfg('secret') . $mainframe->getCfg( 'db' ) . date( 'dmY' ) );
[/code:1]

Please feedback any problems you would still experience (or if this proposed fix fixes this) in this thread :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #36571 by mblue
We tried to fix the bug with your help, but it doesn´t work.
Did we need another fix, because we use Joomla 1.0.12?

16 years 11 months ago #36609 by mblue
I CAN´T SOLVE THE PROBLEM WITH 1.0.12!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 years 11 months ago #36617 by beat
mblue wrote:

We tried to fix the bug with your help, but it doesn´t work.
Did we need another fix, because we use Joomla 1.0.12?

One of the two fixes could, depending on other extensions installed. Did you try to apply them both ?

If yes and still have problem, I would need to have a nearer look, as i don't have that problem on our websites. Could you please PM me exact way to reproduce problem with links and access details to your site and how to reach you. I need to look at this to fix it in upcomming version.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 10 months ago #38855 by fredbradley
Replied by fredbradley on topic Re:[SOLV]:registration session expired and/or cook
hey - thanks! - it worked!

Using CB 1.0.2 and Joomla 1.0.12

Had to use both patches.

thankyou people!! - I was getting worried there!!

~fb/

16 years 10 months ago #39017 by pkpandya
Yes even I had the problem and solution suggested by you worked.
Just for novice like me: modify comprofiler.class.php file in administrator>>components>>com_comprofiler directory as under:
1) Search for $validate = 'cbj'
You will find this in function cbGetSpoofInputTag().
And replace the line as follows:
$validate = 'cbj' . md5( $mainframe->getCfg('secret') . $mainframe->getCfg( 'db' ) . date( 'dmY' ) );

2) You will also need to make similar correction in function cbSpoofCheck()

3) Search for function cbRegAntiSpamCheck()
Replace three === to two == before "1", as under:
if ( ( $validateValuePost == "1" ) && ( $validateValueCookie === $validate[1] ) )

Thank you beat and all kind hearted people for providing this solution.

Post edited by: pkpandya, at: 2007/06/06 07:32

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn