[Joomla1.5.1]Avatar will upload, but will not show

17 years 5 months ago #24712 by BigL1
Replied by BigL1 on topic Re:Avatar will upload, but will not show
Same problem here. Avatar thumbs work fine in lists and login, but not on the profile page and neither will an image be displayed when approving from the workerflow. :(
The only way to get it displayed is to fill the field "avatar" in the #__users table (jos_users in my case)

I copied the avatar field value from jos_comprofiler table that holds a filename like "67_455734faf390a.jpg" to the jos_users table and voila... it appears on the profile page. So I could run a query to update the jos_users table, but I don't think that's a permanent solution. :dry:

So should the avatar field in jos_users table be updated so that it can be displayed or is something else wrong?
The CB version I installed a couple of days ago is 1.0.1 and I have this problem from the start.
Joomla version is 1.0.11.

P.S. I also noticed that the jos_comprofiler table holds no values for first name, last name etc, but that could be something entirely different.

Post edited by: BigL1, at: 2006/11/15 01:48

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #24714 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Avatar will upload, but will not show
Problem seems confirmed reading these thread... :S

Please PM me your email and site access information so i can try to find problem if something needs to be fixed or at least error reporting to be improved in CB 1.0.2...

Thanks,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 5 months ago #24860 by gonza
Replied by gonza on topic Re:Avatar will upload, but will not show
I have the same problem I need to know if can be solved of some way... sorry my english please reply in spanish else no problem

17 years 5 months ago #24886 by shadmego
Replied by shadmego on topic Re:Avatar will upload, but will not show
I have the same problem, but my issue is reversed. Images show up in profile view, but not in lists or login. In fact, my problem is even more tricky as the issue is only with certain users.

For instance, my avatar shows up everywhere, as intended.

Another user has an avatar that shows up in her profile page, but not the lists or login module.

Help?

Edit November 17, 2006:

After troubleshooting with the users involved in the problem stated above, I found out their avatars did not meet the requirements I had set. A size of 150 x 150 and 75KB was set for each user. While the program allowed someone to upload an avatar that was larger (in pixel size) that the max, it would not create the thumbs in the login module and the lists page. Once the user resized their image, all worked as planned. Maybe there is a way to stop an avatar from being uploaded that doesn't meet the required limits? I don't know.

Kinest Regards,
Shadmego

Post edited by: shadmego, at: 2006/11/18 05:39

"If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything!"

17 years 5 months ago #24960 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Avatar will upload, but will not show
Received a few pms but without access, so couldn't see what's wrong, without admin-accesses... :(

You need to check following yourself:

1) does your images/comprofiler folder have write access from webserver ?

2) is your selected "image software" under CB->Configuration->images appearing in green in the list on its right side ?

Your hoster may have disabled the one you chose earlier...

Please post back here your findings, and pm me if I need to have a look with cpanel/plesk and backend as super-admin url and login info.

Thanks,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 4 months ago #24998 by benjo4u
Replied by benjo4u on topic Re:Avatar will upload, but will not show
images/comprofiler is chmod 755
problem persists with both gd2 and imagemagik (btw, i have netpbm in a bin directory but it won't recognize it. gallery2 uses this, so I know it works)

Avatar shows up in cblogin and mambome modules, but not on com_profiler page (returns nophoto.jpg) the user list link shows two profiles that seem to be the problem:
* has the correct avatar index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=62&Itemid=120
* has the nophoto index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=0&Itemid=120

The first is called new jewish wedding and registered 9/21 last online today. The second is called newjewishwedding was last online when registered 11/14. Only thing I can think of is that I synced phpbb via mehdi's bridge.

to try to see what the problem was, I took my working image as dispalyed inthe module images/comprofiler/tn63.jpg and (after backing up the files) modified all calls for tn.$avatar in comprofiler.html.php and comprofiler.php but this did not change the image. (i compared code with the cblogin module)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn