Resend Activation URL Mod - Instructions

17 years 5 months ago #23775 by moneybagsxp
Replied by moneybagsxp on topic Re:Resend Activation URL Mod - Instructions
mediaguru wrote:

Hey what's the status on this? I'd like to resend the activation to a bunch of users who haven't verified.

Also wouldn't it be a good idea for unverified accounts over a certain age to be automatically deleted?

@mediaguru-

That status is Good! :)

This is a sweet/simple way to resend one-by-one via the User Manager screen, or doing a mass send via my example on the first page, using a little SQL.

Good luck! Post your success/results if you can.

www.pixelchutes.com - Where every pixel matters.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #23792 by skunk
I agree, this is a sweet little mod. B)

Since getting it working we have managed to get 50% of the unconfirmed users we had on the system to confirm their registration. And thats only in one day.

A big thanks to moneybagsxp - have karma dude.

Skunk

17 years 5 months ago #23802 by scottm
Replied by scottm on topic Re:Resend Activation URL Mod - Instructions
if i use the files attached in a an earlier post will this change my configurations settings?

17 years 5 months ago #23816 by moneybagsxp
scottm wrote:

if i use the files attached in a an earlier post will this change my configurations settings?

As of today, this Mod has been successfully Tested/Confirmed using Joomla 1.0.7 to 1.0.11 and CB 1.0 stable to 1.0.1.

The attached files that Skunk provided on Page 6 will in no way impact your configuration file.

Simply back up the 3 files, upload the modded versions, and give it a whirl!

@skunk, thanks again for providing the archive with mod intact. (CB 1.0.1 edition)

17 years 5 months ago #23818 by scottm
Replied by scottm on topic Re:Resend Activation URL Mod - Instructions
i have added the files that were uploaded, but the problem is that there is no resend at the top of the user manager, i have looked in configuration and the activation email message box is there, just no way to actually send the message :S

17 years 5 months ago #23819 by moneybagsxp
scottm wrote:

i have added the files that were uploaded, but the problem is that there is no resend at the top of the user manager, i have looked in configuration and the activation email message box is there, just no way to actually send the message :S

@ScottM,

The resend link is on a per-user basis.

So you have 100 users, 5 of which still haven't confirmed. If you browse/search for them in the CB User Manager, you should see a "resend" link on the same row as the username, etc. Otherwise, for already confirmed users, you would not see anything different.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn