Security Images

17 years 2 months ago #30775 by john1000
Replied by john1000 on topic Re:Security Images

We have a lot of new accounts created from guys using Russian emails

huh....hows that possible if an account has to be approved..?
Sometimes they register but i smell them from a mile away and send them a custum email :

Hello mister tsjernobyl,
because of your radio-active vibes you will never become a member of any community.

something like that...

is the captcha update ready guys....:P

My soon to be released website.
www.joomla-reviews.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #30926 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Security Images
beat wrote:

You're all right....It's more than Time for captcha integration....spambots are getting smarter at CB's built-in protections... :(

The CB team will be implementing Captcha as a core API feature, using plugins, so you can integrate your own versions if you don't like the one that we will choose for the core plugin, and 3rd parties might offer different kinds of captcha or security questionnaries.

I've already impemented the cb core events needed for this and Nick will be implementing the plugin as next task. So there will be no patch. It will become available with the next CB release as a standard feature.

Corresponding announcement will follow once implementation is done.

Quick update:

Beat and I have a working captcha plugin that we will be testing out on test servers and then joomlapolis.
After successful tests this will be released to the general public. At this point it needs GD library to work.

17 years 2 months ago #30927 by john1000
Replied by john1000 on topic Re:Security Images
well if possible i would like to test it if possible...
the more its tested in different enviroments the better it is..;)

My soon to be released website.
www.joomla-reviews.com

17 years 2 months ago #31046 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Security Images
As Nick already told a few days back, Nick (nant) and me developed a captcha plugin for CB 1.0.2, without any hacking needed to install.

We just installed it on this site, and you will see it in action for testing in:
- registration form (first registrations already done sucessfully)
- lost password form
- email to user form (you can send an email to user nant to tell him it works :laugh: )

Also a few testers got it for final tests, before release in the very near future :)

More on the frontpage and in the downloads area soon :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 2 months ago #31137 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Security Images
Just for info:

CB Captcha plugin is released. See our front-page. :)

Please use article discussion thread. This post closes this long thread. :-)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.550 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn