Where to link to public Gallery

17 years 7 months ago #19763 by tormenta
Where to link to public Gallery was created by tormenta
I installed CB Gallery last Friday and did some configuration on it this morning and it is working fine from a member posting pictures functionality.

The thing that is stumping me is the public access part, that is the ability to see the gallery without going into each individual member profile. I went through the access setup and set to public and was able to to get the module to appear fine in the left side of the page. So my next guess was to create a static gallery page and then post the module as the pages content. The main area for my template is called Main Body and it is not showing up as a choice in the module. You can see where I am at at:

www.bargaintravel.com/content/view/13/41/

There are only 3 images at this time in the gallery, so they are appearing in the left bar. I can't figure out how to get them in the body OR if there is a simple way I am missing to create a gallery page from within CB Gallery.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #19764 by tormenta
Replied by tormenta on topic Re:Where to link to public Gallery
Ok, I figured out how to get it into the main body *somewhat* by putting it into a field above main body and letting it push main body down and out of the way, how to add titles, descriptions and how to link to profiles from within the modules description. I guess my main question now is - is this the right way to setup a gallery display page? It sure seems clunky but if this is how it works and I am not missing something, I probably can get it to do what I want pretty much. Let me know.

And thanks for a cool tool, even if I am too slow to appreciate it completely.

17 years 7 months ago #19765 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Where to link to public Gallery
The CB Gallery provisions a gallery for each and every profile. Its not an indepenent component - its a CB plugin.

The Gallery module is a Joomla module that basically is used to advertise various gallery items in order to attract viewers to certain profiles.

Currently there is no way to represent all gallery items in some sort of Joomla content - you should install a component gallery if you want such a setup.

17 years 7 months ago #19769 by tormenta
Replied by tormenta on topic Re:Where to link to public Gallery
Thanks Nick, so at least I know my little workaround is the shortest route to where I want to be. It is cool to be able to give this to members - which is the hard part. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn