What will happen...

16 years 8 months ago #42402 by conloco
What will happen... was created by conloco
What will happen if i just uninstal all CB commponents? Will All user info stay or it will be corrupted. °

For some reason i cant find an Uninstall Guide.
Can Some one point me in right direction please>>?!! :side:

Thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #42414 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:What will happen...
CB is safe on user data on uninstall (just keep your ue_config.php file in case you want to install the new CB).

There is no uninstall manual, because we thought it's trivial :whistle: .... + if you read README.txt , it includes uninstall instructions of previous release. ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 8 months ago #42445 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic Re:What will happen...
I'm not clear on the ue_config.php file. I backed it up before upgrading per the readme.txt, but the readme doesn't tell me at what point to resintall it.

In another thread, the file appears to have created some unexpected results when copied back, and the files appear to be of different sizes - Will I lose anything by copying the old ue_config.php back?

Thanks,

Ernie

16 years 8 months ago #42464 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:What will happen...
good catch. Any other improvements/suggestions for the README.txt file ? :)

normally you can restore ue_config after installing the new CB.

I added in README.txt for next version:

3b) if you are upgrading, you can now replace the default ue_config.php
file by the ue_config.php that you kept in point 1) above.

which thread that you saw was it (url) with the ueconfig problems ?

Nota bene: if you run into problems, you can always put back the default ue_config.php from the installer (just unzip it to find the file :) ).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 8 months ago #42519 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic Re:What will happen...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn