Cb Profile has a huge space...

16 years 1 month ago #59308 by crashman
Replied by crashman on topic Re:Cb Profile has a huge space...
The file is index.php

You can find this using the admin console....

Site: Template Manager under Joomla! 1.0x

or

Extensions: Template Manager under Joomla! 1.5x

and editing the html of your current template.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #59530 by rlinet
Replied by rlinet on topic Custom Developer Needed
Hi, I am in the midst of creating a site that has tremendous potential to revolutionize the business cycle. I need developer partners who would work for equity. Please let me know if you are interested. If so, please email me with info on yourself.

Thanks,
Rick
rlinet@gmail.com

16 years 1 month ago #59539 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Custom Developer Needed
rlinet wrote:

Hi, I am in the midst of creating a site that has tremendous potential to revolutionize the business cycle. I need developer partners who would work for equity. Please let me know if you are interested. If so, please email me with info on yourself.

Thanks,
Rick
rlinet@gmail.com

If you really want to find someone, I think you should post to your own thread instead of hijacking one.

16 years 2 weeks ago #60562 by gjc
Replied by gjc on topic Re:Cb Profile has a huge space...
inserting the table tag worked on my template from templateplazza. thanks

15 years 9 months ago #68555 by mainestratman
Replied by mainestratman on topic Re:Cb Profile has a huge space...
japanlinked wrote:

I have found a solution to the problem this might not work on all templates but it works for bentobox.

beat wrote:

Another fix is to replace it instead of table with this

Tables are evil, but that will work.

I'm going to expand on beat's solution so that it might be a little easier to understand.

I didn't have the luxury of contacting my template designer, since I *am* my template designer. The "clear:both" was killing my layout as well, and using beat's solution didn't help, because of the way my CSS is laid out:

[code:1]
#leftnav {
float: left;
width: 160px;
margin: 10px 0 10px 0;
padding: 5px;
color: #EAE8D0;
background: #9C9473;
}

#content {
margin: 10px 0 0 180px;
padding: 10px;
}
[/code:1]

With those two DIVs in a fixed-width container, beat's "width:100%" also destroyed the layout, shoving it off to the right side.

My solution was to float the "content" and give it a fixed width. If I did not do both those things, the layout was destroyed.

Now my CSS reads:
[code:1]
#leftnav {
float: left;
width: 160px;
margin: 10px 0 10px 0;
padding: 5px;
color: #EAE8D0;
background: #9C9473;
}

#content {
margin: 10px 10px 0 0px;
padding: 10px;
float: right;
width: 530px;
}
[/code:1]

If your template designer is unable or unwilling (which will most likely be the case) to help you out on this, you can find the DIV your content is in by viewing the HTML under "Templates" and finding the <?php mosMainbody(); ?> (for 1.5) or <jdoc:include type="component" /> (for 1.x/1.5 Legacy).

The DIV may be called "main_body" or "content" or something like that. Once you know the name of the DIV, you can go into the CSS for your template, find the appropriate DIV and add the fixed width and float command for it.

If you are unfamiliar with CSS, there are a ton of free CSS resources online. A quick Google search will yield you many options.

Hopefully this will help someone out.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn