User names cannot have spaces...

15 years 6 months ago #73178 by Josh Lewis
User names cannot have spaces... was created by Josh Lewis
When comfirming stuff on my profile, it says user name cannot have spaces. Is there a way to change this so that users can have a space? Or is this not possible?

P.S I got rid of the old forum due to it being in the wrong spot.

Post edited by: Josh Lewis, at: 2008/09/04 04:05

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #74123 by en_shua
Replied by en_shua on topic Re:User names cannot have spaces...
Did you ever figure this out?

15 years 6 months ago #74126 by Bubba HoTep
Replied by Bubba HoTep on topic Re:User names cannot have spaces...
I would like to know the answer to this as well.

15 years 6 months ago #74174 by Josh Lewis
Replied by Josh Lewis on topic Re:User names cannot have spaces...
Unfortunatly I still have'nt.... is there perhaps a module, or if I edit the php? Any advice on this would be very greatly appreciated!! Cheers Josh Lewis.

15 years 6 months ago #74773 by Spaatz
Replied by Spaatz on topic Re:User names cannot have spaces...
I am having this same problem. I am running a phpbb3 forum that I currently have synchronized through Rokbridge. Whenever a user logs into either the Joomla system or phpbb3, the bridge copies the username, status and password over to the Joomla database from phpbb3.

Well, some of those usernames that have made their way over (mine included) have a space in them. As a result, the users can now log into Joomla but they can't modify their profiles in CB because the modification screen demands that they change their usernames (which they aren't allowed to do.) So, I end up with users who can't access their accounts and are forced (for no valid reason I can tell) to change their usernames when it is impossible to do so.

Is it possible to change the username policy so that they can include spaces and if so, does anyone have any clue how to do it?

Thanks for all your help everyone. I am hoping that this works out to be a great application.

15 years 6 months ago #74788 by Josh Lewis
Replied by Josh Lewis on topic Re:User names cannot have spaces...
That's terrible! What I have is that when new people sign up for my site, they cannot sign up unless they go without a space. Another option is allowing your users to change there user name... or atleast until this problem is resolved. I can have a space in my user name if I really want to by going to the joomla user panel, and then sync users.... but then I cannot edit my profile until I get rid of the space in my name, so I just go spaceless. I hope I figure out how to do this some day. Cheers Josh Lewis.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn