[SOLUTION] Error 404 Login CB 1.1 Joomla 1.5 RC2

16 years 2 months ago #55912 by chobden
Im sorry im not as programmer so i dont understand all the code stuff, to be honest thats why i installed joomla in the first palce so i dont have to do any coding.

Im having the 404 error everytime i log in and i want to fix it before the site goes live or i will have to get rid of CB Builder which would be a shame.

Ive tried every suggestion here and nothing works!

I really need something fixing soon or i'll have to uninstall CB Builder - its kind of a crucial proiblem that really should have been fixed before release surely!
Thanks

Post edited by: chobden, at: 2008/02/03 17:03

Post edited by: chobden, at: 2008/02/03 18:05

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #55925 by moonstar2005
Replied by moonstar2005 on topic Re:[SOLUTION] Error 404 Login CB 1.1 Joomla 1.5 RC2
my problem is that it works sometimes when I log in and most of the the time, it gives me error 404. it is not stable. But even if I get error 404, if clicked backwards, and to other pages, I am logged in.

In Firefox, it returns a blank page.

Post edited by: moonstar2005, at: 2008/02/03 20:23

16 years 2 months ago #55946 by Pulfordm
You will get this problem every time someone login from a page other than the home page., If you go straignt to the home page (ie not returning from elsewhere in the site) then it will work otherwise you get the 404 error.

Do the change to the code to mod_cblogin.php mentioned by twhiting9275 and then
go to statement at about line 520 that looks like

[code:1] echo '<input type="hidden" name="return" value="' . htmlspecialchars($login) . '" />'."\n";
[/code:1]

and replace it with

[code:1] echo '<input type="hidden" name="return" value="' . $login . '" />'."\n"; [/code:1]

that is remove the htmlspecialchars call.

The previous email of mine did not come out correct as I assumed that it would be correctly escpaed by the forum code. (obviously a bug there too)

[code:1]The oringinal code as it stood replaced
the & with &amp; three times so an original url like

mysite.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&id=3&Itemid=41[/

ends up like

mysite.com/index.php?option=com_content& amp;amp;amp;view=section& amp;amp;amp;id=3& amp;amp;amp;Itemid=41

The code statement does not represent what I want to say so had to insert spaces where they would not actually be.

[/code:1]

try the changes and see how it works.

16 years 2 months ago #55960 by moonstar2005
Replied by moonstar2005 on topic Re:[SOLUTION] Error 404 Login CB 1.1 Joomla 1.5 RC2
That was perfect. Thank you so much. Everything is working as it should.

16 years 2 months ago #56735 by henson
boatdrinkstravel.com

I try to log in and just says password is wrong

user carter password carter

16 years 1 month ago #57054 by azim4linux
changed redirect after login to /

and redirect after logout to index.php

now it works without errors

Moderators: beatnantkrileon