Rating Field Question

14 years 9 months ago #104588 by Bif
Rating Field Question was created by Bif
I'm using:
Joomla 1.5.12
CB 1.2.1
CBSubs 1.0.1
Rating Field 1.0 RC

There are 3 CBSubs groups (bronze, silver, and gold) that belong to the Registered Group.
There is 1 CBSubs group (professionals) that belongs to the Admin Group.

There are 2 rating fields.
One (Public Rating) appears on the bronze, silver, and gold member profiles and can be rated by any registered user.

The other rating field (Professional Rating) also appears on the bronze, silver, and gold member profiles and is viewable by all but we would like it to be only available for rating by members of the Professionals group. Is it possible to setup this special Professionals only rating field with the above configuration? If not, any ideas on modifying the code?

I was thinking of adding a third type to the rating field call "Stars - Professional Rating" but before I start messing with the code I thought I'd check the forum first.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #104591 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Rating Field Question
Have you looked at the tabsfields protect plugin included with CBSubs?

14 years 9 months ago #104594 by Bif
Replied by Bif on topic Re:Rating Field Question
I have tried the tabsfields protect plugin. I'm using it with some other fields (great feature). My problem is that I can control when the rating field is displayed but not who can click it. Currently, if it is displayed then anyone who is registered can click it and have their rating recorded.

What I want is for anyone who is registered to be able to see it but only members of the Professional CBSubs group to be able to click it and have their rating recorded.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds