CB Subs, GroupJive and iDevAff

14 years 9 months ago #101887 by h.kleinveld
CB Subs, GroupJive and iDevAff was created by h.kleinveld
I have a question, I want to set up the following, and I am wondering if I can make it work with CBSubs, GroupJive and iDvAff:

it is a site where you have 3 types of users:
  • group-owners (pay using CBSubs, get your own GroupJive group)
  • ambassadors - join a group on registration, don't pay money, and they invite other people to become paid members of that group
  • members - they pay say $50 a year to join a specific group by invitation. preferably there are different member statuses to be reached.

is it possible to use iDevAff to keep track of ambassadors bringing in people, who sign up to become member of a group? Then a certain amount goes to the group, a certain amount to the ambassador, and an amount stays for the website builder.

I'm not sure if I am explaining the full concept enough here, but I hope someone gets my drift. I am also willing to pay for some development costs if it can be done with some modifications (not tons!).

I'd love to hear back from you guys.

Post edited by: h.kleinveld, at: 2009/06/13 02:08

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #102058 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Subs, GroupJive and iDevAff
It's not possible to add functionality to a component that doesn't exist. CBSubs can't extend components beyond their current possibilities.

However the current GJ integration allows creation and/or joining of groups.

IDevAff is also integrated to track commissions of CBSubs sales.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn