Exporting CB users

15 years 8 months ago #67038 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Exporting CB users
You may want to contact the CB Juice author, with following information:

Starting in CB 1.2, the field name in comprofiler_fields table is not necessarily the database column, there is a new field "table_columns" which holds the fieldS, comma-separated.

So typically, onlinestatus is a CB field without corresponding comprofiler column (as that info is in the sessions table !).

You had to add that column to comprofiler to make CB Juice happy, and that's an OK workaround until CB Juice is updated for CB 1.2 :)

Thanks for sharing your solution, and thanks in advance on contacting the CBJuice author with the url to this thread B)

For now, I'm making this thread sticky. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #67045 by tarzan
Replied by tarzan on topic Re:Exporting CB users
Hi Beat,

Will do!

And thanks for explaining why there was an issue in the first place.

Cheers

15 years 8 months ago #67109 by jciconsult
Replied by jciconsult on topic Re:Exporting CB users
1. I am a trifle surprised and not quite sure what the issue is. I have run full tests with the 1.2 version and have found no problems.
2. I will place a note in the documentation that one can only update standard fields which are comprofiler columns.
3. The SQL commands are built up as strings to that there are no order dependencies.
4. I will see if I can incorporate the changed capabilities in a rewrite that I am planning to build a 1.5 native version. That should be available later in the summer.
5. If you are not sure what fields are available, try the export/save capability. Fields shown there should be generally updateable if it is sensible to update them. I am not sure why one would want to update online status for example.
NOTE, 1.5RC1 requires that the FIELDNAMES be EQUIVALENT to the TABLE COLUMNS in the COMPROFILER table. In CB1.2, FIELD NAMES CAN BE DIFFERENT FROM TABLE COLUMNS This is NOT SUPPORTED IN CBJUICE AT THIS TIME.

Please NOTE, I have found anomalous behaviour in an early FANTASTICO install of Joomla 1.5. When I deleted the installs and either did them with the normal install or with a later FANTASTICO update, things worked fine.

Post edited by: jciconsult, at: 2008/07/02 18:51

15 years 8 months ago #67136 by jciconsult
I generally recommend that people do an export to see the field names. Currently the tablename and fieldname are identical. Perhaps the CB team will issue some documentation to tell us what their plans are. I am not doing any coding until I know more.

The tests that I did were on the basis of the equivalence of values in the two fields.

It is easy enough to map things but we need some rules for the mapping.

I think that I have sorted out what I think they are doing. RC2 clearly broke the export function. I will be testing a new version some day.

Post edited by: jciconsult, at: 2008/07/03 01:06

15 years 8 months ago #67149 by adrianm
Replied by adrianm on topic Re:Exporting CB users
shommez wrote:

How can I export the users to an .csv file (or excell file)?

Do you have access to phpmyadmin? If so, you will find under a tab labelled "export" the opportunity to export some or all the tables in your database. I have not tried to get a pruned excel file of users (e.g. for creating address labels) but it should be possible by grafting some of the data together and deleting most of it.

15 years 8 months ago #67225 by jciconsult
CBJUICE has now been updated to work with version 1.2RC2

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn