24: Single select drop-downs: single-quote values

15 years 6 months ago #75261 by ajries
not sure where to post bugs, so i will try it here.

1. if i create a single select drop down box and the text in the field has an apostrophe, then that option is unelectable. actually it can be selected, but doesnt save. example, if i list education levels, one as high school and another as master's degree. the master's degree option is not saved if i select that. if i remove the apostrophe then i can select it.

EDIT: changed title from "bugs" to 24...

Post edited by: beat, at: 2008/09/24 19:02

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #75325 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:bugs
Thanks for reporting. This is the correct area for reporting.

Added this one on my list for confirmation, and fix once confirmed.

Anyone who could reproduce this one with CB 1.2 RC 2 and confirm it ?

Thanks.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 6 months ago #75333 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:bugs
Confirmed.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 6 months ago #75400 by MikeFrank
Replied by MikeFrank on topic Re:bugs
Confirmed this bug - was about to report it with the explanation below when I found this thread. Posting my explanation below in case it helps anything (the issue happens at registration and during profile-update for an existing user)...

Bug in CB:

Create a new field in cb
- Drop down, single select
- Add a value without apostrophe (‘) – ex: test
- Add a value with an apostrophe (‘) – ex: t’est

Go to edit profile (log in to front end with a user)
- Go to newly created field – test back and forth selecting an item without an apostrophe (save and view profile to confirm update) and an item with an apostrophe (save and view profile – update does not work…the confirmation that the item was saved at time of updating is given).

Same problem happens if you choose the value with an apostrophe (t'est) from the drop down list during new-user registration. If "t'est" is selected, it does not save to profile...

15 years 6 months ago #75410 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:bugs
Thanks for reporting, ajires, and for confirming MikeFrank and Rapunzl B)

ok, bug reproduced, fixed and verified fix for next release. :)

Moving thread to known issues.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 5 months ago #76078 by beat
Thanks for reporting. :)

This issue has been addressed and fixed in Community Builder 1.2 RC 3, like all other known issues, and is available now for a last short rounds of live site testings, before CB 1.2 Stable release. :)

================= ISSUE FIXED ====================

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn