Next Generation Community Builder 2.0 RC Released

9 years 8 months ago #247824 by Madan
Hi CB-friends!

I was just about to start translating the new language strings for frontend, i.e. language.php (from english to swedish) when I noticed that a lot of the strings have gibberish numbers/letters in them. For example:

'LOG_IN_bffe9a' => 'Log in',
'USER_8f9bfe' => 'User',

Might be a stupid question but is this right? Haven't seen it in earlier versions of CB.

Have a fine day you all!

/Daniel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #247827 by michaedt
This is a small thing, but I noticed that the first sub-menu of the menu tab has an info icon by default (no doubt, to go along with "About CB" that is there by default). However, this isn't helpful if users decide to add their own titles and urls into the first and second submenu positions. Perhaps you could add a class field and include the info icon by default -- and users could delete the icon from the admin area instead of messing with CSS. Not a big issue, but thought I'd point out.

9 years 8 months ago #247829 by Madan
I don't know if it's a general CB 2.0 RC problem or a specific problem for my site only, but the step-by-step registration isn't working. All I get is the "sign up" button (see image).

Could this be because I'm using the conditional plug-in? Didn't see that one in Nants post about compatibility issues with CB 1.9 plug-ins though.

Take care!
Attachments:

9 years 8 months ago #247848 by krileon

Might be a stupid question but is this right? Haven't seen it in earlier versions of CB.

Yup, that's correct. Our CBTxt API now supports keys, but if a key is missing we generate one internally. What you're seeing is the generated key with the MD5 of the string appended.

This is a small thing, but I noticed that the first sub-menu of the menu tab has an info icon by default (no doubt, to go along with "About CB" that is there by default). However, this isn't helpful if users decide to add their own titles and urls into the first and second submenu positions. Perhaps you could add a class field and include the info icon by default -- and users could delete the icon from the admin area instead of messing with CSS. Not a big issue, but thought I'd point out.

You can override it with CSS or if you want more control over custom CB Menu items I suggest using CB Auto Actions and its Menu action, which will let you customize every aspect of your menu items. With CB 2.1 we should have a backend for CB Menu so you can add and manage menu items easily.

I don't know if it's a general CB 2.0 RC problem or a specific problem for my site only, but the step-by-step registration isn't working. All I get is the "sign up" button (see image).

Step by Step is gone in next CB Conditional. Shut it off within CB Conditional then within CB > Configuration > Registration set the layout to Step by Step as Step by Step is built into the core now.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #247853 by redhart
Any ideas when the fix for Duplicate entry 'CB Tab access' for key 'idx_assetgroup_title_lookup will be merged into RC?

My site was never a 1.9.1 site. Only 2.0.0 B1-RC

Fixed - I just removed all com_comprofiler dirs and reinstalled. All ok now except that all tabs are now set to "CB Tab Access" instead of defaults.

9 years 8 months ago #247871 by Madan
I don’t mean to whine – I’m just wondering.

Are there any language-strings in old files from CB1.9 installations that I can recycle and use in the new language.php file (CB 2.0 RC)? Or do I have to translate the whole lot again?

Hope you understand my question.

:cheer:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn