Next Generation Community Builder 2.0 RC Released

9 years 8 months ago #248173 by michaedt
Hello again.
This is a very small thing, but it would be nice if we could choose the default thumbnails for avatars. I was able to add a custom avatar image to: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/images/avatar/my_cutom_image.jpg
Then I selected the image using the empty default and pending default dropdown menus in the avatar field.

However, this does not automatically create a thumbnail to match my custom default avatar. The only way that I could find is to overwrite the thumbnail in components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/images/avatar. I assume, then, that this would need to be done every time I upgrade CB. A droptdown for the default thumbnails would be a welcomed addition to the avatar field.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #248189 by krileon

This is a very small thing, but it would be nice if we could choose the default thumbnails for avatars. I was able to add a custom avatar image to: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/images/avatar/my_cutom_image.jpg
Then I selected the image using the empty default and pending default dropdown menus in the avatar field.

However, this does not automatically create a thumbnail to match my custom default avatar. The only way that I could find is to overwrite the thumbnail in components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/images/avatar. I assume, then, that this would need to be done every time I upgrade CB. A droptdown for the default thumbnails would be a welcomed addition to the avatar field.

You need to create a thumbnail for your image for it to have one. You should have the below for example.

Fullsize:
components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/images/avatar/my_cutom_image.jpg

Thumbnail:
components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/images/avatar/tnmy_cutom_image.jpg

You can then edit your Image field and select your image for "Empty Default" and/or "Pending Default". You shouldn't have to override anything. Your custom images also shouldn't be lost on upgrade.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaedt

9 years 8 months ago #248190 by michaedt
Awesome. So if I understand correctly, the system will automatically pick up the tn prefix so I can use whatever I want. Very nice. Thank you for clarifying.

9 years 8 months ago #248221 by krileon
Yup, as long as the file is named the same except has tn in the beginning of its name it will see it as the tumbnail. This allows you to size your thumbnails however you need or even provide a completely different image for the tumbnail if you wanted.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

9 years 8 months ago #248244 by martinmg

When visiting a profile (index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userprofile&user=xxx&Itemid=xxx) "years" can not be translated. For example "Member since", dislays the number of years. I'm able to translate minutes, days and months...Is TIMEAGO_N_YEARS missing?

At a users list (index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userslist&Itemid=xxx) I cannot find the following strings to translate:

- Sitename has xxxx registered members
- "Search Users"
- "Find Users"

Are the language strings missing or am I missing something?

9 years 7 months ago #248250 by michaedt
Not sure if this is a bug or simply not allowed. I cannot add fields to the "Articles" tab. I wanted to insert a custom HTML field to appear above or below the list of articles, but this does not seem possible. Once the field is added to the "Articles" tab it no longer appears in the field list. I had to change the ID in my database in order to see my field in the field list.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn